Core V71 / Pure 20 LED Blue Case Fan Issue

mjall

Hi there,

Recently upon opening my casing to remove an SSD drive, I noticed that my 3 Case cooling fans (Pure 20 LED Blue) are not working (not spinning, being idle) with the exception of the LED lights being on. Initially I thought I messed up and pulled some cables off by mistake, however I checked all connections and everything seems to be connected properly.

I thought that since I have owned my casing since 4 years which is the Core V71, I thought maybe the fans lifetime took place so I eventually went ahead and bought 3 new fans.

When I tried to replace one fan with a new one, I noticed the problem still persists; since the new fan came with a power cable directly to be connected from the power supply, I tried connecting the old fans all 3 of them and noticed they are working, so I eventually narrowed down my problem to the actual casing connection as attached in this post, pls refer to image attached. You will notice the area called fan1 & fan2, seems that while the fans are connected there, I only recevie the blue LED light but fans do not work.

Has anyone faced any similar issues and can advise me what to do to resolve this matter.

I have managed to connect all fans currently straight from the power supply through the cable that came with the new fans however when doing so, although all fans are working yet the LED lights are off on all fans plus I can no longer control them from the main casing switches to reduce their speed and currently they are running on fast speed which I have no control off.

I would appreciate any assistance if possible, and can I replace the switch board of the casing perhaps? and where can I order that for my casing model?

Many Thanks in advance

Best Regards

20190925_195201.jpg