Which do you prefer Water Cooling or Air Cooling?

Tt-Van

I am still new to the PC building world and I would like to know if you prefer air or water cooling for your builds. From what I do know, Water is higher end but can be risky if you do not know what you are doing.  Before I make this choice on my personal build I would like to hear your thoughts. 

Water, if you're overclocking, it's the only option. Unless you're crazy, (and rich enough) to run phase change.

Water : Cooler running temps and better overclocking.

ok good to know, im still very new to this so i have to see what i will need. Thank you for the valuable information. :)

• 3 months later...

It all depends on your components. In general if you want to run Multi-GPU water cooling is preferred, as more often than not, the top GPU will suck heat from the bottom one, and with water cooling this isn't an issue.

In some configurations air cooling can be fine too, but it's always best to have custom cooled video cards with a spare/empty PCI-E slot in between them to avoid this scenario.

Since TT now makes some epic water cooling cases now, and if they are your preferred case vendor, then it's a no-brainer.

I have a Core V1 and V31 and the V1 with a small mod (cutting the mobo tray) can hold a massive, front-mounted 200mm radiator, and the V31 can actually hold two 360mm radiators, which is amazing for this size of case.