RGB Setup woes: Level 20 MT ARGB

DamoJR

I recently upgraded from a Potato with a keyboard attached to a new whiz-bangish gaming PC.

I have a MSI X570-A Pro Motherboard and ThermalTake Level 20 MT ARGB case but no matter what I do I can't get the ThermalTake fans LEDs to play nice. They spin up fine, and I can control their basic colours via the case's button, but I can't seem to get either ThermalTake's TTRGBPlus software, or MSI's Mystic Light to control the fans LED's.

I have run the cable from the controller to JRainbow2 on the motherboard (tested in JRainbow 1 as well no joy) as they seem to be the only jumpers that fit that cable layout (3 pin).

MSI software does nothing.

TTRGBPlus tells me "Could not find Fan controller, please check the Fan Controller is connected. (Error Code:H_0x0001)

Sorry for my absolute ignorance, my old PC was so old the wheel was still a new invention, let alone all the RGB options around these days.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:21 PM, DamoJR said:

I recently upgraded from a Potato with a keyboard attached to a new whiz-bangish gaming PC.

I have a MSI X570-A Pro Motherboard and ThermalTake Level 20 MT ARGB case but no matter what I do I can't get the ThermalTake fans LEDs to play nice. They spin up fine, and I can control their basic colours via the case's button, but I can't seem to get either ThermalTake's TTRGBPlus software, or MSI's Mystic Light to control the fans LED's.

I have run the cable from the controller to JRainbow2 on the motherboard (tested in JRainbow 1 as well no joy) as they seem to be the only jumpers that fit that cable layout (3 pin).

MSI software does nothing.

TTRGBPlus tells me "Could not find Fan controller, please check the Fan Controller is connected. (Error Code:H_0x0001)

Sorry for my absolute ignorance, my old PC was so old the wheel was still a new invention, let alone all the RGB options around these days.

Ok lets start off at basics. You are holding the rgb button for 3-4 seconds to turn it on to motherboard sync correct? If that is a yes can you post a pic of how it is connected to the motherboard.

Also the TTRGBPlus will not work as you are not using that ecosystem as it requires a controller for that. 

18 hours ago, morpheus258 said:

I am having the same problem with my Thermaltake Commander C36, basic colors with case button works fine but when trying to control it by the mb/software only one led lights up.  

What motherboard do you have?

Here is what I posted in the thermaltake group on facebook.  

Just built a new rig with Thermaltake commander C36 case. Has the 2 200mm ARGB fans and says it is compatible with asus aura. I have an Asus TUF x570 MB. The fans work and go through the presets using the button just fine but when I hold the button down to be able to control and sync them with asus aura only one led is lit. I have the case led board plugged into the ARGB header with the cable provided. If anyone has any insight on this let me know. 

thermaltake.jpg

Aaaaa that looks like a dupont connector.... Why would the use that. I bet the connection seems loose. Can you try "lightly" pressing the connector on the one of the outer long side and see if the lighting changes(more info below).  I do urge lightly press not push don't want to go bending pins. Just attempting to see if maybe the data line has a bad connection as that is the wrong connector to use on most rgb header.

press near where the connector meets the motherboard in the direction of the arrows. and let me know if anymore leds on the fans come on when doing so.

8b984cd20ef6bdb26fe1ba03df6a6269.jpg

Edit: Just took a pic of the pin size difference to give you a idea of what could be the issue.

76b6815c6fc79014f49da4cf8b84804e.jpg

On 10/10/2019 at 11:03 AM, Tack said:

Aaaaa that looks like a dupont connector.... Why would the use that. I bet the connection seems loose. Can you try "lightly" pressing the connector on the one of the outer long side and see if the lighting changes(more info below).  I do urge lightly press not push don't want to go bending pins. Just attempting to see if maybe the data line has a bad connection as that is the wrong connector to use on most rgb header.

press near where the connector meets the motherboard in the direction of the arrows. and let me know if anymore leds on the fans come on when doing so.

8b984cd20ef6bdb26fe1ba03df6a6269.jpg

Edit: Just took a pic of the pin size difference to give you a idea of what could be the issue.

76b6815c6fc79014f49da4cf8b84804e.jpg

Tried and no change.  It is very frustrating.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Same problem here.

I have an Asus Strix-E X570 and a Level 20 MT aRGB. The Asus cable came with the case is plugged in the adressable 5V 3 pins RGB connector of the motherboard, and it goes to the fan controller card of the level 20MT.

The three fans works perfectly without the motherboard. When I press on RGB button for 3 seconds on the level 20, all fans blink 2 times and only the top fan is partially and poor illuminated (think one led is illuminated). Asus Aura change the color of the fan led in coherence with other stuffs in the rig, the synchronisation is good. Sometimes I get it work when I unplug the SATA alim, and change the RGB mobo header when system is ON. But when I reboot, during the post the issue is caming again. I don't think it came from a poor connection, I tested with an Y adaptor with better connection between mobo and the asus cable of the level 20, with no success. And two times I get it work, the issue came back when i changed profiles on Aura or I reboot the PC, let me thinking this is a compatibility/software problem between Aura, the mobo and the controller.

See you,

Julien from France

On 10/25/2019 at 11:54 AM, jujunet said:

Hi,

Same problem here.

I have an Asus Strix-E X570 and a Level 20 MT aRGB. The Asus cable came with the case is plugged in the adressable 5V 3 pins RGB connector of the motherboard, and it goes to the fan controller card of the level 20MT.

The three fans works perfectly without the motherboard. When I press on RGB button for 3 seconds on the level 20, all fans blink 2 times and only the top fan is partially and poor illuminated (think one led is illuminated). Asus Aura change the color of the fan led in coherence with other stuffs in the rig, the synchronisation is good. Sometimes I get it work when I unplug the SATA alim, and change the RGB mobo header when system is ON. But when I reboot, during the post the issue is caming again. I don't think it came from a poor connection, I tested with an Y adaptor with better connection between mobo and the asus cable of the level 20, with no success. And two times I get it work, the issue came back when i changed profiles on Aura or I reboot the PC, let me thinking this is a compatibility/software problem between Aura, the mobo and the controller.

See you,

Julien from France

Well at least I know someone is having the exact same problem I am having, I however having gotten it to work at all 

Hi,

I tried to install a old version (1.07.35), close and restart aura service..., it won't work. I have the same controller of morpheus258. I looked on the web and I found 6 pins fans controllers with aura 4 pin 12V in. But i don't know if it's compatible with TT fans. (Thing called Bykski B RRB C8 RGB on Aliexpress)

There is also a cable on amazon in stock shortage (in Europe) with 6 pins and a Molex with Aura 4 pins. You can find it by googling "Unbranded RGB Lüfter Adapter mit 4 x 6pin 1 x Molex 1 x Aura"

Don't know if compatible with TT fans and RGB adressable.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, jujunet said:

Hi,

I tried to install a old version (1.07.35), close and restart aura service..., it won't work. I have the same controller of morpheus258. I looked on the web and I found 6 pins fans controllers with aura 4 pin 12V in. But i don't know if it's compatible with TT fans. (Thing called Bykski B RRB C8 RGB on Aliexpress)

There is also a cable on amazon in stock shortage (in Europe) with 6 pins and a Molex with Aura 4 pins. You can find it by googling "Unbranded RGB Lüfter Adapter mit 4 x 6pin 1 x Molex 1 x Aura"

Don't know if compatible with TT fans and RGB adressable.

I'm going to have to replace the fans to get everything to work which sucks because I really like the 200mm fans and am super annoyed because they were one of the main reasons I bought this case.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...