RGB Setup woes: Level 20 MT ARGB

DamoJR

On 5/4/2020 at 12:38 AM, McFortner said:

So, even with COVID-19 running amuck, it's been 2 weeks now and I've heard nothing from TT's tech department. 

I got a reply from the US support today and they said they can ship out another control board to me without having to send the old one back.

"Thank you for contacting Thermaltake

We can absolutely replace the fan controller. We use our RMA service for just the part, we will send you the replacement part without expecting the old one back. Follow the procedure outlined below and you will be on your way to getting resolved."

• 3 weeks later...

hi, I just upgraded to the TT level 20 MT ARGB case 3 preinstalled fans with rgb and the preinstalled argb controller located on the back of the case, I have an outdated motherboard with no argb headers and I can get the fans to spin and I used the gigabyte included wire to connect controller to motherboard and they light up but I cant change the color on the computer nor with the RGB button on the I O change any lights or anything I don't mind not being able to sync with my MB I just wanna be able to adjust the lights on the case's included io button just cant figure out how

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 2:10 AM, maherrich said:

I have the same problem with Commander C36 and Asus ROG Strix X570-F.

Only one fan is half illuminated.

Hello everybody! Kinda funny because i didnt expect seeing this lot of people with the same issue like i’ve got :)

Same problem here with the same rig: x570-F & C36. Long pressing the rgb button seems to work as both fans begin to blink, but in the end there is just one lighting dimly.

Just understood that writing to techsup couldn’t help, so just one more frustrated customer to your list, TT

• 4 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS!
ASUS have fixed the issue through their latest BIOS update!

For my X570 TUF Gamiung Plus that was version 2407.

After the BIOS was installed and rebooted, there was another screen saying the RGB firmware is being updated. I haven't seen this screen with their previous updates.
One reboot later, the RGB works perfectly. I am using the latest Armoury Crate software to control it and having 0 issues.

Hope it stays like this! :D I will update if it doesn't. 

Anyway guys, you might already know about this, but if you are like me and stopped looking into this issue after finding 0 solutions, then you're in for a treat ;)

photo_2020-07-13_04-18-21.jpg

7 hours ago, datguy72 said:

GOOD NEWS!
ASUS have fixed the issue through their latest BIOS update!

For my X570 TUF Gamiung Plus that was version 2407.

After the BIOS was installed and rebooted, there was another screen saying the RGB firmware is being updated. I haven't seen this screen with their previous updates.
One reboot later, the RGB works perfectly. I am using the latest Armoury Crate software to control it and having 0 issues.

Hope it stays like this! :D I will update if it doesn't. 

Anyway guys, you might already know about this, but if you are like me and stopped looking into this issue after finding 0 solutions, then you're in for a treat ;)

photo_2020-07-13_04-18-21.jpg

I Just want to thank you for this post.  I updated the bios and it did indeed fix the issue. You don't understand the frustration that this caused.  Thanks again

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys, 

I updated the Bios when I assembled the PC, and it made the lights work well (about 7 months in total).

about 2-3 weeks ago, the problem came back. I've checked all of the connections and cant figure it out, and I don't see  Bios Update available for my system, just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue recently..

My mother board is the ASUS TUF gaming X570+

any help or advice would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...