[Question] Case Front Panel connections

Dusty

Hi, I'm in the process of setting up the Level 20 GT RGB case with my MSI X99A SLI Plus motherboard, and the case's manual is a bit unclear about the front panel connections. There is a large plug with two wires marked "USB 3.0" and it's easy to see that the plug fits one of the mobo's USB 3.0 headers. The USB 2.0 wire connection to the mobo's USB 2.0 header is also a "no-brainer." But there is another plug with a single wire that also fits a USB 3.0 header, but the plug isn't marked USB 3.0 like the other plug is, and there is no writing on the wire to indicate what it's for.  It only fits a USB 3.0 header (my mobo has no USB 3.1 header but has two USB 3.1 ports on the back), so is this the wire for the USB C front panel jack?  My other question is, there was a flat wire that connects the reset switch, power, power LED, and HD LED etc., but I found no wires for the microphone or speaker jack.  My mobo has a connector that uses the "Intel Front Panel I/O Connectivity Design."  Again, the manual is unclear about connections for the mic and speaker jacks. It only says that the case supports AC'97 or HD Audio (Azalia) but makes no mention of the associate cabling.  Even though that unmarked plug only fits a USB 3.0 header, I hesitate to power up the mobo for the first time without knowing exactly what that cable is for.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If the first cable you are talking about looks like this 

d9a883779592fae7b9a281c5096244cf.png

Then yes that would be the usb c port. I sort of wish they used the newer usb 3.1 gen 2 header on it but I can see why they didn't. 

As for the mic and speaker 3.5mm jacks on the front they use a cable that look the same as a usb 2.0 header but have a different pinout. It should say "HD AUDIO" on it but might not. 

17657964ee79f0b74bdb3675bc834be9.png

and that connects to this port on your motherboard
efc882539d0b5dd30c7ecc635773364a.png