Commender C36 case front fan issue

dino17

New build.  10/20/2019

MB ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming

Case Commander C36

I can't get the front fans to work at all. The only case fan that will work is the rear fan when only plugged into the 4 pin header on the MB.

The module on the side of the case (ARGB) module has the white lower pin 3 pin of which controls the front LED. On the black  upper three

pin connector, is this header on the board for actual fan operation?. If so, could someone "Please" tell me what type and part number of the cable is needed so i can get these fans running.. Would this be a 3 (male) pin from the ARGB module, black connector to a Male 4 pin connector on the MB. I was seeing/reading Thermaltake does not supply this cable with the case.  On fan # 2 on my case there is only a single jumper between the connector. It is not like in the JPG shown. Please advise me what I'm missing here. Any help is appreciated

1.JPG

• 6 months later...

It looks like FAN3 plug is not all the way in.  The plugs are a pain.  Make sure they are all as tight as you can get them.  I have Commander C36 with the same controller, but only two fans.  I've worked with this enough to know that the fan connectors "interact" with each other somehow.  I'm not sure if this is really a single LED "chain" or what, but I do know that one fan being unplugged can affect the other fans.  Especially if FAN1 is not properly connected, then none of the LEDs will work.  The fans are just single speed as far as I know, and they need only the 12V line and ground to spin.  If you are sure the 12V line and the ground are tight on FAN1, and no spin, then you probably have a bad controller.  You can check this by somehow jumping the ground and 12V to a fan connector on the MB.  If the fans go, then they are working.  Admittedly, this would be a pain, so you might just want to try and get TT replace your controller (good luck with that).