Power supply Berlin 630W 80 PLUS BRONZE

cxdani

Less than a year ago I bought this Berlin 630 W power supply.

I have a PC with the following components:

MB Gigabyte GA-H81M-D2V

CPU i7-4771 3.5 GHz with a big cooler

16 GB RAM

SDD 200 GB

HDD 1TB

Initially I used integrated graphics. PS was silent and cool.

Everything was good until I bought a video card, MSI RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS OC.

Now the power supply gets very hot when I play games (especially Call of Duty Modern Warfare). The max power that I see it gets from the wall is approx 300 W. 

Even when the power supply gets hot, the internal fan speed does not increase, it is always the same, and the air flow through the PS is very low. Also,

it gets very noisy from the electronic components, not from the fan.

So, as a conclusion, I think I made a wrong choice buying this PS. It looks that is not ok for games.

I will try to look now for a good PS for games. A high quality one. Any suggestions?

Hi Cxdani

I ran a estimation on how much wattage you are using right now and it shows you are probably using around 570W.

I would recommend to change your power supply to 750W with 80+Gold efficiency, so your power supply can be less stressful.

You can consider our Toughpower GF1 750W here:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07N7XVNZ4/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=toughpower+GF1&qid=1572427208&s=mobile-apps&sr=8-3 

Hello Joshua,

Thanks for your reply.

In full load, when playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare, the Wattmeter shows max 300 W entering my PS. This is less than 50% of the 630 W written on the PS.

This doesn't look very good if the PS cannot handle well 50%.

And I'm wondering why the fan does not increase the speed when the PS gets hot. It is not designed to do this?