Fan Controllers overwriting each other's settings

riceOtaku

Hi all,

I have the following set up:

Software: TT RGB Plus V 1.3.2, F 3.0.1

Controller 1: (dip switch position 0000)
Slot 1: 200mm Riing plus case fan
Slot 2: 200mm Riing plus case fan
Slot 3: 140mm Riing plus case fan
Slot 4: 120mm Riing Trio rad fan
Slot 5: 120mm Riing Trio rad fan

Controller 2: (dip switch position 1000)
Slot 1: 140mm Riing Trio rad fan
Slot 2: 140mm Riing Trio rad fan
Slot 3: 140mm Riing Trio rad fan

Whenever I change a setting in one controller, it overwrites the other controller's slot with the same ID.

Example:
I set Controller 1 Slot 1 to wave. Click save. Controller 1 Slot 1 is wave, but so is Controller 2 Slot 1.
So I go to Controller 2 Slot 1 to change it to static, and click save. Now Controller 2 Slot 1 is static, but so is Controller 1 Slot 1.

It will do this for any slot 1-3. Obviously it doesn't do it for 4 or 5 because there is only a slot 4 and 5 on controller 1.

There seems to be no way for me to have seperate settings for the 2 slots, but why else would I be able to have 2 controllers if there can only be 5 settings at a time? They're even different models of fans (and selected as such in the dropdown). All of them also have unique names. I have them both connected to the same USB header Y-cable that came packaged with the riing trio 3 pack.

I have already:
Uninstalled and re-installed the software. Did this before installing a new set of Riing Trio 140s. I also wiped the settings folder in AppRoaming.

How do I fix this? Has this been seen before?

I tried using the daisy chain cable instead of the y usb header cable for the second controller, and it didn't fix it. Tried having the first dip switch to 0000, and the second to 0100 and that also didn't do anything.

I'll also mention that I originally found the bug on 1.3.0. So this appears to exist on 1.3.0-1.3.2?

Fan lighting is extremely central to the entire PC aesthetic and I am very disappointed that I can't have more than 5 settings across 8 products, when you advertise having 80 different settings possible across 80 products (16 controllers * 5 products per controller).

@ThermalMike I hear you might have answers?

• 1 month later...

Hi sir

We apologize for the late reply; however, the software should auto-saved all your settings. Therefore, you would not have to click save to save your progress.

The button "save" merely means to save this controller and copy it to others.

Sorry for any inconvenience, if you still have any issue, please feel free to contact me.

8 hours ago, JeffWu said:

Hi sir

We apologize for the late reply; however, the software should auto-saved all your settings. Therefore, you would not have to click save to save your progress.

The button "save" merely means to save this controller and copy it to others.

Sorry for any inconvenience, if you still have any issue, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks so much for your reply!!

I tried your suggestion, and it worked, but when I restart my computer, the settings do not persist. I tried clicking "Done" after modifying each setting. How can I get the settings to persist between restarts, while not copying settings between controllers? 

It would be great if the two functionalities were not tied to the same action.

13 hours ago, JeffWu said:

Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply.

If you want to use different lighting effects between controllers, you can save in different profiles at the up-right corner.
Maybe this could solve your problem.

No worries on the late reply, thanks for replying.

Please just report this as a bug. I don't want a work around. Fix your software, please. Is it open sourced? I'd be happy to contribute.

I left extremely detailed repro steps, the different versions that I tried, and what all I have tried to get it to work. Any developer worth their salt should be able to take what I've written and be able to find the bug and fix it.

NeonMaker doesn't support Riing Trio (really!?) and tt rgb plus is very buggy. I REALLY love your fans, but if this is the state of the software, I'm absolutely not buyiung any more tt products. It's not enough to have hardware that looks cool. If the software doesn't let me do what it advertises, the $300 I spent on fans was such a bad purchase, and I will not be following up on your next line of products due to the very frustrating user experience.

Also, what you described is not how your video describes it is supposed to work. Plus, I use the different profiles to switch between RPM speeds, so that I can just hit profile 2 when I want to play a game and let the fans run at max rpm, with pwm in non-gaming mode for profile 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eFb8AjZik0

If there are options for 16 total controllers, then I should absolutely be able to have 1 set of fans be on one setting and another set be on another setting with them overwriting each other. Plus, with this workaround, any time I switch controllers, it still overwrites the other controllers. So I wouldn't be able to use this workaround + have different pwm profiles.

I know I'm far from the only person dealing with problems with your software. Any quick reddit search will show scores of folks who can't get the software to work as advertised. Please fix your software.

Hi,

We’re really sorry that you have a frustrating experience with the software. Rest assured, I will report this issue to the management group and software team and have the issue solved in the best way we can. 

TT RGB Plus should have an updated version ready for download this May.
Even though NeonMaker does not support Riing Trio at the moment, but Thermaltake does plan to have NeonMaker support other tt fans in later versions. 

We also encourage you to vote in our NeonMaker LightMix events since we’re giving away free Riing Quad fans for some of the voting winners.

Sorry again, but thank you for bringing up the issue so we can fix the problem. 

20 minutes ago, JeffWu said:

Hi,

We’re really sorry that you have a frustrating experience with the software. Rest assured, I will report this issue to the management group and software team and have the issue solved in the best way we can. 

TT RGB Plus should have an updated version ready for download this May.
Even though NeonMaker does not support Riing Trio at the moment, but Thermaltake does plan to have NeonMaker support other tt fans in later versions. 

We also encourage you to vote in our NeonMaker LightMix events since we’re giving away free Riing Quad fans for some of the voting winners.

Sorry again, but thank you for bringing up the issue so we can fix the problem. 

Thanks again for your reply!!

I'll be keeping an eye out for both the TT RGB plus update, as well as my eyes peeled for NeonMaker expanded support.

I'll be voting as soon as it comes up! :)

Corey who I'm rooting for, and I voted for him in the prediction round. Once the ballot comes online, I'll definitely be voting!

thanks again, and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

• 10 months later...

Hi, just a quick question, if i have trio set 120mm with pluged in to the controller with my TT CPU water block and ram block plug in the same controller will it work? The fan controller come with 5 slots. Even though the water block and the ram block are lower voltage can i connect them to the fan controller to save space in my build?

On 12/30/2020 at 12:34 PM, Prathamesh Labhade said:

I also have this issue

port 1 of controller 1 will auto change settings of port 1 of controller 2

it’s so lame

Yes, I recently had to re-install windows, and am now going through this extremely frustrating bug again (with the latest software). It is incredibly lame.

I'm 100% going with a different fan manufacturer for my next build, this is ridiculous.