W200 Fan Bracket Help Please

PCDesignerRy

I will do my best to describe this issue as plainly as possible. When attempting to install the side-mounted locking fan bracket for my W200 case, with the bracket installed on the side of the hinge panel with the window, it seems to block the hinging door from closing just barely when installed. I tried turning it around to the left and right, but, the only way I can find so far to get the door to close with the bracket installed is to install the bracket backwards, with the locks facing out and the bracket installed from the inside. I am hoping that maybe someone has an idea of how to properly get these installed where the doors will close, and can give me a better understanding of how to install mine. If so I would sincerely appreciate it and this would be a huge weight off my mind. 

Thanks! 

20200113_213740.jpg

20200113_213758.jpg

20200113_213835.jpg

On 1/14/2020 at 1:35 PM, PCDesignerRy said:

I will do my best to describe this issue as plainly as possible. When attempting to install the side-mounted locking fan bracket for my W200 case, with the bracket installed on the side of the hinge panel with the window, it seems to block the hinging door from closing just barely when installed. I tried turning it around to the left and right, but, the only way I can find so far to get the door to close with the bracket installed is to install the bracket backwards, with the locks facing out and the bracket installed from the inside. I am hoping that maybe someone has an idea of how to properly get these installed where the doors will close, and can give me a better understanding of how to install mine. If so I would sincerely appreciate it and this would be a huge weight off my mind. 

Thanks! 

20200113_213740.jpg

20200113_213758.jpg

20200113_213835.jpg

Hello PCDesignerRy

One question! why do you want to mount the fans at the left side?

there is no way in or out for the airflow on that side.

the bracket can be installed only on the other side of the case. like to image below

image.png.412471b52a7208fdfb123606587fe2fa.png

welcome to PM me if you still have any concern

James

• 2 years later...