Riing Trio Fans not detected by TT RGB PLUS Software

Vito Taruna

Hi!

I've just purchased and installed 2 packs of Riing Trio (3 Fans + 1 Controller) and 1 TT Sync Controller. I've tried to install it 2 ways:

1. I already followed the schematics provided in the manual, and already notice that 1 TT Sync Controller could only power up 5 Riing Trio Fans. So i plugged 5 (instead of 6) to the TT Sync Controller, and plug the ARGB cable to ARGB Header on my Motherboard (Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi). The fans turned on, but it does not detected in the Aura Sync app. Tried reseating the ARGB cable, SATA Power, even the individual fans. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Aura Sync too. Nothing happens. So i decided to stop trying to control the fans using Aura Sync, and try using the controller provided in the Riing Trio pack.

2. Same as above, i followed the manual to the letter. daisy chained two controller and plug the cable to one of my USB 2.0 header. At first it works, but in the middle of me setting up the colors, changing the fan names etc, suddenly there's a "USB unplugged" sound, and all the Riing Trios turn back into the rainbow color. Tried the same thing as point (1), reseated every cables, reinstalled TT RGB Plus etc. Still not working, the software says that it cannot detect the controller (with H_0x0001 error code). Decided to give my PC (and myself) a rest, i shut down the pc, switch off the PSU and unplugged the power cable. Next day, i plug the power cable back and power on the PC. Suddenly the controller is detected, and i could control the fans again. For about 5 minutes, and it's disconnected again. Searched for a fix in forums and youtube, but nothing works.

If there's anyone that has the same problem as me, and already found a fix, please share the fix. I will be eternally grateful.

Btw, sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language 🙏