TTRGB Plus is not read system temp !!PWM not working!! (Riing trio fans with AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X)

Bearbite

That's right, it is a threadripper "feature" but in tt rgb plus case the fan curve is too high for tctl. Basically if it reads the tctl as 70°C tt rgb plus sets the fans to over 1400 rpm (at idle) as per my first picture, which to me is to high. Sure it drops my cpu true temp down to like 30-35°C, but its too noisy. 

I prefered version 1.2.7 which reads true temp(tdie), which sets my fans at around 500-1000rpm depending on temp and load. Much quieter and would still keep true temps around 40°C idle, 50°C gaming. 

How loud are your 23 fans running Bearbite. Is RGB plus reading tctl on yours? Must sound like a jet engine if they're running as fast as my 5😁

Yes, you are correct, same thing here, too.

TTRGBplus.thumb.png.17e5969118214305c0bdc7c367ef6e8a.png

It would be the best for the user to be able to select which temperature or temperatures the TT RGB plus uses.
Because my system has 3 GPUs and I have many GPU intensive task while the processor load is only 30%.

Therefore, it would be good if I control the temperature based on the temperature of the external sensor or water.
I have 3 radiators in my computer, one of which cools the processor and 2 cools the video cards. Therefore, it would be good if we could set it all up for each controller. So if the processor heats up, only the fans on the processor cooler will switch to higher speeds, not the whole PC will buzz.

Yeah that was the problem I was having. The adapters I made are are the only way I could control temps on my gpus separately from the cpu. I really wish they would change the software to assign a controller a temp sensor and use a fan curve. But currently all my temps and fans are controlled by the MB software.

I (just) have 1 custom loop with CPU and GPU connected with a 420mm rad with 3 Riing plus 140 fans attached (plus 2 as case fans), but yeah being able to select which temperature TT RGB gets from the HWINFO plugin would be awesome. All the temps are available, you just have to look through the info section to see that.

Obviously also being able to edit the fan curve would be even better. And per controller or even per fan customisation would be icing on the cake. But I get the feeling that might be asking to much.

Hey Chris, do you have all fans running on different MB 4 pin connectors, or do you have like a pwm splitter cable or 2nd fan controller? Also interested in how you power the fans, the motherboard does the pwm, but do the tt controllers still supply power or is it also the MB connectors? It looks like you have the 4 MB pins connected to the fan, is that right? Would love a diagram if you have the time. It would be awesome to be able to control my 3 rad fans via 1 MB pwm 4 pin. would a splitter cable work if I were to splice it like yours do you think? Anyway, cool mod.

I have a tower 900 with 480 rads on each side, one for Gpus and one for Cpu each on a deep cool 10 fan pwm hub. I basically bought 12 pwm extensions and repinned the ends with Dupont USB male pins with the tach wire jumped to both headers, that way TT software will read the speeds but have no control over them, while the fan hub supplies power. So far its been a few months connected this way with no ill effects. Now if they can get their controllers to load correctly the first time it would be awesome lol. Good thing is TT has the fans control wires color coded, but not the RGB wires. I have mapped those wires as 5v data in data out and ground, I do not know the protocol they use, as I am trying to find out so I can run a 16ft strip around my desk and control it with TT Plus.

Thanks for the reply chris, I think I get it. The TT Controller controls and powers the LEDS via 4 pins and receives the fan RPM (TACH) via yellow wire. I think your right with those wires being 5v, di, do, gnd. I have the Pacific Lumi Plus LED Strip 3Pack and the pins on the LED strips are labelled like that. https://www.thermaltake.com/pacific-lumi-plus.html Apparently you can chain these strips together, but might not be long enough for your application. Not sure how many you can chain together.

So the 4 pin connector yellow wire is also fan RPM (TACH) and the rest are power, gnd and pwm signal. I figured you would want a pwm hub for extra power like SATA or molex due to so many fans. 

I might have to give this a go myself. maybe lol, depends on part cost, sourcing parts etc.

Parts wasn't expensive less than 30$ total from amazon. If you don't have a crimper it'll be an extra 22$ I already had paracord to sleeve them and white heatshrink to tidy them up. TT needs to learn that they are a company that has a huge modding base, but they have components and software that are pretty much locked up. How hard would if be to have just one software to run ALL TT components.  Toughram (gSkill is much better and works with toughram!), TTrgb plus and TT DPS app. TT please for the love of #### make it so you can control several temps and assign fans to those temps!! Spend less time on voice control (really cool feature but really not needed) more time consolidating software and making it work. I have 4 zones that have different temps on the tower 900 2 rads, front compartment and back compartment. FIX RAZOR SYNC DAMMIT! End of rant lol.

13 hours ago, Chris Welch said:

Parts wasn't expensive less than 30$ total from amazon. If you don't have a crimper it'll be an extra 22$ I already had paracord to sleeve them and white heatshrink to tidy them up. TT needs to learn that they are a company that has a huge modding base, but they have components and software that are pretty much locked up. How hard would if be to have just one software to run ALL TT components.  Toughram (gSkill is much better and works with toughram!), TTrgb plus and TT DPS app. TT please for the love of #### make it so you can control several temps and assign fans to those temps!! Spend less time on voice control (really cool feature but really not needed) more time consolidating software and making it work. I have 4 zones that have different temps on the tower 900 2 rads, front compartment and back compartment. FIX RAZOR SYNC DAMMIT! End of rant lol.

Hi, 

Thank you for supporting Thermaltake amd your advice.

We are working on combining our software, release soon.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have x399 mainboard and threadripper Ryzen 1950x, it only worked twice with the temperature, after further updates no more ……, I'm just tired of discussing the whole thing, nothing will change….

It didn't work from the start and it won't continue to work, the main thing is just to advertise
everything is a tool and everything is great ...

But a week later it doesn't work properly anymore….

The temperature is a disaster, only problems and then again problems ... I don't know who is to blame, the RAM manufacturer or the software manufacturer ...
Sad,…. but the subject simply cannot be saved any more, I have given up….

Looks like 1.3.6 works for you, I think I would roll back to that version and never update it. The X399 boards didn't get the attention they needed compared to the AM4 boards it seems. I have 4 other systems on AM4 with 0 issues with the software. I highly doubt they are going to put in any effort to fix any of the issues, instead they will concentrate on the newer boards.  I personally don't like their software controlling temps. I've had temps reach 80c on the GPU side causing my glued in fittings to crack. Since I have modded a adapter and I have had no issues. Software will always have issues, there's too many boards and and software combinations out there to get everything right. TT...listen to your fan base...make your controllers have a PWM pass thru and stop relying on software to control fan speed, once your fan curve is set you usually won't  mess with it again. You don't need fan controls in the software, have a single PMW fan cable run from motherboard to the controller and have the controller act as a hub that also controls the lighting. Stop trying to be good at everything and be great on a few things.

View71, do you use a threadripper? I know TT rgb changed how it reports Threadripper temps in 1.3.7 and above(as seen in my previous replies). So I think that is interesting, maybe that change has affected you somehow if 1.3.6 (and below?) work for you?🤷‍♂️ (BTW hi fellow View71 owner)

Also I just noticed I never linked to my thread I made before finding this one, just in case anyone here isn't aware of it. One of the mods replied with a test version called 1.3.802 prior to 1.3.8 release. I don't know if it is any different to 1.3.8 full release but if your having trouble with 1.3.8 it might be worth a try. I am still using 1.3.802 with no problems on my 1920X system.  No version between 1.2.8 - 1.3.7 works for me. Because .802 works I haven't been game to update. :) 

Yeah I'm have a threadripper on a x399 gigabyte designere which has a 6 pmw fan headers with 2 dedicated to pumps. All my fan curves are set in the bios with alarms for fan and pump failures. In my opinion asus and gigabyte have superior fan control in their respective bios, for water cooling. My next builds I will not be shelling out 2k for fans from Tt. The amount of headache is just not worth it. 

13 minutes ago, Rapt0r_GT said:

View71, do you use a threadripper? I know TT rgb changed how it reports Threadripper temps in 1.3.7 and above(as seen in my previous replies). So I think that is interesting, maybe that change has affected you somehow if 1.3.6 (and below?) work for you?🤷‍♂️ (BTW hi fellow View71 owner)

Also I just noticed I never linked to my thread I made before finding this one, just in case anyone here isn't aware of it. One of the mods replied with a test version called 1.3.802 prior to 1.3.8 release. I don't know if it is any different to 1.3.8 full release but if your having trouble with 1.3.8 it might be worth a try. I am still using 1.3.802 with no problems on my 1920X system.  No version between 1.2.8 - 1.3.7 works for me. Because .802 works I haven't been game to update. :) 

Hi,

no I never had a TR system hence I can not assist - all I can do is advise keep a copy of the working TT software and if you set back make sure to delete/check  the TT folder shown below:

This folder may be still there after uninstall hence can interfere with different software versions. I am not into modding stuff just after the easiest way back :)

Clipboard01c.jpg

Just updated to 1.3.802 and temps are reading correctly on x399 designare and seemed to fix a gui scaling error to boot for me! Dammit TT I was ready to give up on you, throw in the towel, dare I say move to corsair....I don't use the software to monitor temps but it is nice that everything is working properly. Cheers to the poster for the update link I owe you a beer.

• 2 months later...