TT Sync Controller with ARGB Hub

ChaosFusion

So I currently have a ROG Motherboard that has a single ARGB 5v Header and I want to replace the PSU of my current rig since that part doesn't sync up with Asus Aura. Problem is that most of the PSU's require a second 5V ARGB Header which I lack and won't connect to the TT Sync Controller AFAIK.

Currently, The TT Sync Controller controls all the lighting in my rig and is connected to the only 5V header on my Mobo however I'm looking at either Cooler Master's Addressable RGB Splitter Cable, XSPC 8 Way 3 Pin ARGB Splitter Hub & ROG Aura Terminal(Pricy and hard to obtain in my area) as potential ways to add more ARGB Connections to my rig without needing to buy a whole new board.

That said, has anyone tried using any of these with the TT Sync Controller?

• 9 months later...

I don't think ROG Aura Terminal does what you thing. It's more like an extension to add led.

Nevertheless I do have the same question, can we use any ARGB Splitters to be able to have 2 TT Sync Controller and use more than 9 rgb fans from thermaltek ?

On my side I have a 1000D case and it comes with a Commander Pro (that is able to be linked in series) whereas the TT Sync Controller, looks like cannot be linked and at the same time used by Asus AURA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I currently have two Sync Controllers running in my machine off of one 5v argb header. I have a rog b550 gaming f and currently 3 140mm trio fans. I'm running two on one controller and 1 on the other. I have full control in aura sync of the lights and the rpm of the fans I can set also.

So yes it can work. 

My hope is that I will be able to run 6/7 trio fans in total, I'm just not sure yet if that will be too many leds for the argb signal to carry to or if the sync controllers themselves draw power from the header in addition to their sata supply, as this might cause issues too. 

I'll post more when I know.

• 5 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 1:42 PM, TheMacdonut said:

I currently have two Sync Controllers running in my machine off of one 5v argb header

How did you do this? Did you use your own split cable?
I'm going to have to get a second sync controller for all my fans (floe riing 360, 3 pure plus 12's, 2 riing trio 20's (case front), and 1 riing quad 12 (used as exhaust fan). So 9 total.

TT's instructions are so vague and hard to follow and not a lot of videos, other than basic overviews.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Using splitter cables or hubs to expand ARGB connections can be a feasible solution to add more RGB components to your rig without needing extra headers on your motherboard. These splitter cables and hubs allow you to connect multiple ARGB devices to a single header, effectively expanding the number of controllable RGB components. For more you can explore this blog for more technicalities. 

Regarding the compatibility with the TT Sync Controller, it's essential to check the specifications and compatibility information provided by the manufacturers. Confirm if their products are compatible with the TT Sync Controller and if they support the same ARGB protocol and voltage (5V) as your existing ARGB devices. Click here to learn more about this topic. 

I recently came across an issue with the compatibility of my newly purchased RGB fans with the existing RGB controller in my PC setup. Despite being excited to enhance my system's lighting, I discovered that the RGB controller was not recognizing the new fans properly, leading to inconsistent and unsynchronized lighting effects. You can get more info here. 

To expand my ARGB connections without buying a new motherboard, I'm considering options like Cooler Master's Addressable RGB Splitter Cable, XSPC 8 Way 3 Pin ARGB Splitter Hub, or ROG Aura Terminal (which is a bit pricy and hard to obtain in my area). I'm wondering if anyone in the community has tried using any of these solutions with the TT Sync Controller. I'd greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you can share regarding compatibility and performance. Learn more

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...