Theron Gaming laser mouse - backward/forward buttons doesn't work

1immortal

Heya guys, 

i have bought this mouse last friday, and no matter what i did, the back and forward left buttons are not working, its driving me crazy, can't browse the web like a normal human being.

tried to reinstall the 1.3 and the 1.3.1 app, both of them says that its 1.0.0 version, cannot see any diference.

please advise what to do with the mouse.

Best regards,

1immortal

Guest Tt Josh

Hey 1immortal, nice having you here!

Regarding on the "1.0.0 version" showed on the UI, that will be escalated to our Product Management team to change that, however, the firmware that you've installed, that's the newest, it's just that it shows the wording "1.0.0 version".

If you wanted to change the settings for the back/forward button. Try opening the AP for THERON, click on BACK BUTTON > SINGLE KEY > Choose the Command to assign to BACK, vice versa for FORWARD.

Or reset the whole setting to default by clicking the DEFAULT icon (top right, next to the letter "R").

Hope this will work! Keep us updated!  ;)

Hi Josh,

thanks for the fast reply!

unfortunatly, i've done all of this already, and tried to set macro's as back and forward as well, nothing helped.

i've tried to change to something else and then to the desired settings for the Apply/OK to exit the outgrayed mode and then click the OK button, did not helped...

i've reseted the whole thing few times, re-installed it as well for some 10 times.

does this thing should work in Windows 8.1x64 ?

maybe i should upgrade the mouse firmware ?

if you say that its a 1.0.0 firmware version, perhaps the 1.2, as i seen around the forum, will help me out ?

or some newer app/driver version to test?

starting to feel a little bummed with this mouse :(

Regards,

1immortal

Guest Tt Josh

Hey 1immortal,

Try installing this : THERON UPDATE TOOL

Hope this will solve the problem.

The "1.0.0" showed on the AP was just a mistake (you can just ignore that 1.0.0 wording). It's just that they forget to change the numbers.

If it's still not resolved, try to use it on another laptop/desktop just to test the mouse.  ;)

Guest Tt Paul

Hi Josh,

thanks for the fast reply!

unfortunatly, i've done all of this already, and tried to set macro's as back and forward as well, nothing helped.

i've tried to change to something else and then to the desired settings for the Apply/OK to exit the outgrayed mode and then click the OK button, did not helped...

i've reseted the whole thing few times, re-installed it as well for some 10 times.

does this thing should work in Windows 8.1x64 ?

maybe i should upgrade the mouse firmware ?

if you say that its a 1.0.0 firmware version, perhaps the 1.2, as i seen around the forum, will help me out ?

or some newer app/driver version to test?

starting to feel a little bummed with this mouse :(

Regards,

1immortal

Hi, 1immortal

Please keep us updated if you still have problems, thank you and sorry for any inconvenience. 

Guest Tt Josh

Hi guys,

this is the result of the update tool:

http://gyazo.com/1b0e18d2f349463ad2174dfbcf61f091

regarding the "try the mouse on another machine", i did. on 3 of them, actually, and the back/forward buttons simply do not work with the app, and without it as well.

please advise on my next steps.

Regards,

1immortal

Hey 1immortal,

Kindly check the bottom of your mouse and make sure you did not LOCK the mouse, you have to ensure that the mouse is UNLOCKED to use the it.

Keep us updated!  ;)

Guest Tt Josh

Josh, you're the bomb!

i've unlocked it, and everything started to work!

thanks !!!!!

Hey 1immortal! Glad the issue has been resolved! haha!

Hit us anytime if you have any problems on our products!

Hope you're in love with our products too! lol! :lol: