Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Steampunk'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Thermaltake
    • Enthusiasts
    • Chassis
    • Power Supplies
    • Cooling
    • Storage
    • Accessories
    • General Discussion
    • Events
    • FAQ
  • Tt eSPORTS
    • Tt eSPORTS PLUS+ Community & Data Management Platform
    • Gaming Mice
    • Gaming Keyboards
    • Gaming Headsets
    • Gaming Controller
    • Gaming Mouse Pads
    • Gaming Accessories
    • Team Tt eSPORTS
    • Tt eSPORTS Streamers
    • Gaming Chair & Gaming Station
    • Tt eSPORTS General Discussion
    • Tt eSPORTS Events
    • Tt eSPORTS FAQ
  • Others
    • Off Topic
    • Customer Service

Categories

  • Thermaltake
  • Tt eSPORTS
  • LUXA2
  • Others

Blogs

  • Thermaltake
  • LUXA2
  • Tt eSPORTS

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Ok, so this is my first build im doing a complete log for. i hope you all enjoy. this is a steam punk themed mod to the thermaltake v9 black edition case. Ok so to start with ive stripped the case, and sprayed the chassis in a copper/brass base paint. note i will be removing the drive bays for extra water cooling rad in the front. once i had the basic colour on the chassis i moved onto plastic parts that would not be covered in the wrap i had chosen. also an other parts that would be required off the case for basic ideas if needed. (Note alot off these parts are now no longer going to be used. please ignore the mouse.... it was a test pice to see how the beaten copper paint came out on curved and angled pieces looks a bit plain yeah? ok so next was to age it up a bit.. steam punk is a heavily olden appearance aged copper and brasses and woods... so i used black paints and on some copper parts and cerulean wash to age it up a bit... so now we have our plastics and extra parts painted now the wrap heres the wrap i have chosen its a stained rosewood so with that all done i took one look at the original grilles as realised they wont do at all... they look too modern... so.... i made my own... so i made these ones out of metal flyscreen bent into shape over the originals these first ones arent neat as i was rushing, a new single peice one will be made in the near future. now a test assembily here is why i decided to not go with any optical drives... it looks hideous.... now that you have all seen the progress thus far here is a list of the changes that will be made... 1. side window panel is going to be cut so it is only the outside edge to hide the chassis frame so will virtually be and open side. 2. as above the optical bays will be deleted for more watercooling gear to be installed. 3. front grille will be re done as 1 commplete piece. id love to know what you all think. and yes as yet no mention of internals... i have a few ideas knocking around but remember this whole project is fully funded so subject to change based on cheaper and better parts become availble. i will post my ideal list later but most of it is wishful thinking especially with an impending wedding, and my partner and i have a daughter.. so funds are limited.
×
×
  • Create New...