Tower 900 build

Bollywood

Hello all.  I built this beautiful system a couple of years ago and although it isn't watercooled perfectly, I am very happy with it.

I was wondering if anyone out there knows a way of removing the top of the case, not the sides, and replace it with a piece of Perspex or glass for a more transparent view?

Bollywood

Goliath.jpeg

Goliath 2.jpeg

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 11:30 PM, Bollywood said:

Hello all.  I built this beautiful system a couple of years ago and although it isn't watercooled perfectly, I am very happy with it.

I was wondering if anyone out there knows a way of removing the top of the case, not the sides, and replace it with a piece of Perspex or glass for a more transparent view?

Bollywood

Goliath.jpeg

geometry dash scratch

Goliath 2.jpeg

Hello, I think you need a screwdriver (usually a Phillips-head or a hex key) that matches the screws used in your case, and a clean workspace. Then, Look for the screws holding the top panel in place. They are usually located on the back or top corners of the case. In the case of the Thermaltake Tower 900, there are typically four screws on each corner of the top panel. Next, you use your screwdriver to unscrew the screws securing the top panel. Make sure to keep the screws in a safe place, as you'll need them later.

After that, you can gently lift the top panel straight up, taking care not to damage any components or cables connected to it. Once the panel is free, set it aside in a safe place. Take precise measurements of the opening left by removing the top panel. Use these measurements to cut a piece of Perspex or glass to fit the opening. You can use a glass cutter or a suitable cutting tool, depending on the material you are using. Then, carefully place the cut Perspex or glass onto the case's top opening. Ensure it fits snugly and aligns properly with the case. Take the screws you removed earlier and use them to secure the Perspex or glass in place. Tighten the screws evenly, but avoid overtightening, as it may damage the material.

Finally, Once the top panel is securely attached with the Perspex or glass in place, you can reconnect and power up your computer.