Replacement fans for H200 TG RGB (confusing special 4-pin connectors/wiring?)

splinke

I have a Skytech Archangel 3.0 built in a Thermaltake H200 TG RGB case. It appears to have the original (non-RGB) Thermaltake TT-1225 fan located on the front with a power connection to a 4-pin peripheral connector from the PSU (only 2 wires in use). In addition, it appears to have three Skytech-branded RGB "12025L 12H 12V" fans daisy-chained on special 4-pin connectors. One of these "Skytech" fans has started to make a lot of noise when the computer is first woken from sleep, and I am looking to replace it, but I don't know what type of fan to buy. Skytech support does not reply.

The special 4-pin connector to which the "Skytech" fans are daisy-chained attaches to a SATA power connector from the PSU, as well as the front panel. The latter (front panel connections) include a presumed RGB controller, the LED strip, and the "RGB" button. There does not seem to be any connection to the motherboard, so I am assuming that the case fans always run at full RPM, and that the RGB can only be controlled by the RGB button on the front panel.

It is my understanding that the "Skytech" fans must be "addressable RGB," because they can do the spinning rainbow colors in sync with the front LED strip. However, most things I have read indicate that addressable RGB fans all have two sets of wires coming out of them--one set for power and another set for RGB. Yet, these "Skytech" fans only have a single 4-wire set coming out of them for the daisy-chaining. In another forum thread (link below), someone suggested that the four pins in the special connector are: RGB data, 5V, ground, and 12V. I am not an expert, but this does not seem to be a standard connection.

I don't really care about the RGB, and I could either keep using the Thermaltake connections or use the motherboard connections instead. I am just really confused about what fan to buy as a direct replacement. Or, if I want to use the motherboard instead, can I continue to use the other "Skytech" fans, or would I have to buy a whole new set?

• 8 months later...
10 hours ago, Stark_Lannister said:

What's up buddy? So, I'm looking all over the internet in this galaxy for information about this 4-pin connector. You said that a FAN Cooler came connected to it? I saw this topic where the person says it can have 5V connections and everything.

I was never able to figure out that non-standard 4-pin connector or where I could get a direct replacement fan. Because I don't really care about the RGB lighting, I just purchased this $30 set of five variable speed, non-RGB fans and connected four of them directly to motherboard fan connectors. The $30 for five fans is probably about the same amount as a single RGB fan.