Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexandrebr

View 31 dust filters

12 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm about to buy the View 31 RGB and, after reading the few existent reviews on that case, something has worried me a bit: front/top dust filters.

Although the marketing photos really suggest those filters haven't a fine mesh, I hadn't paid attention to it until reading a review on the Core X31: http://www.allround-pc.com/artikel/gehaeuse/2016/test-thermaltake-core-x31-rgb-edition

After taking a look at that review, it seems, indeed, the mesh of top and front filters aren't that great, which makes me think it's a situation faced in the View 31 as well. Unfortunately dust is a big problem for me and quality filters are something I have to rely on. I've also searched a lot about Corsair 460X e 570X and it seems their filters are exactly what users expect: they seem just like the front filter of my 11yrs old TT Tsunami. But, definitely, the corsair cases aren't so modular as TT ones. 

So, I'd like to have your opinion on front/top filters of View 31/Core X31 as I think they can be a major concern for me.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any language mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dust filters are rubbish and the quality of the case is very poor. The only thing "good" about this case, is it's depth and water cooling support!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DaddyBeee said:

The dust filters are rubbish and the quality of the case is very poor. The only thing "good" about this case, is it's depth and water cooling support!

Is that serious? Do you have the View 31 RGB? I really liked its modularity when using the F31 Suppressor Psu Cover. When you talk about the dust filters, do you mean they don't really do a good job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the View 31. The glass broke due to the plastic that holds the glass to the frame broke and it fell to the floor. Anyway, back to it. The filters on the front and top have quite large holes, it will stop large particles, but not dust. I used it for three months and it was filthy throughout, yet the filters were not as dirty. The one on the bottom is great though.

alexandrebr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DaddyBeee said:

I had the View 31. The glass broke due to the plastic that holds the glass to the frame broke and it fell to the floor. Anyway, back to it. The filters on the front and top have quite large holes, it will stop large particles, but not dust. I used it for three months and it was filthy throughout, yet the filters were not as dirty. The one on the bottom is great though.

Thanks for your answer, DaddyBeee. I think I'll get a case from another brand. Indeed I can't give up good dust filters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2017 at 2:04 PM, DaddyBeee said:

There is no filter in the front. Just the holes in the front panel are classed as dust filters! 

I've found more information, @DaddyBeee.

ACS8EeC.jpg

Indeed there seems to be a filter but it follows the top filter mesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, as I said, there is no filter. Also, there is nothing stopping anything going in the bottom of the front panel either. IMO, they should have used the same material in the bottom filter for the top and front.

alexandrebr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DaddyBeee said:

Indeed, as I said, there is no filter. Also, there is nothing stopping anything going in the bottom of the front panel either. IMO, they should have used the same material in the bottom filter for the top and front.

In fact that micro perforated filter isn't the best solution to prevent dust inside the case. My options here in Brazil are limited. The NZXT S340 has no top filter (I can get a magnetic one) and HDD cage isn't ventilated (I still have one 3.5 HDD). The Corsair 460x is a pain in terms of cable management and the top filter is similar to the View 31 (front filter is a fine mesh, just like TT bottom filter). The Corsair 570X has only fine mesh filters but the side panels doesn't "seal" the case; there are gaps everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is tricky finding a case that has it all. I did like my Thermaltake View 31, but because it broke and support doesn't want to reply, I ended up buying the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. It's far better built, and seals the glass in, which also the Thermaltake case doesn't. It does have it's flaws. The top "filters" are similar to the Thermaltake case, maybe a lil smaller. I just used the filter from my view case to compensate. Also, the top radiator support is good, but not perfect, like the view 31 case. It's all about finding that happy medium imo. For me, with a few mods for top radiator support and ventilation, the Phanteks case is the winner. I have been using it for a few months now, and so far anyway, the dust is almost non-existant.

alexandrebr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaddyBeee said:

It is tricky finding a case that has it all. I did like my Thermaltake View 31, but because it broke and support doesn't want to reply, I ended up buying the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. It's far better built, and seals the glass in, which also the Thermaltake case doesn't. It does have it's flaws. The top "filters" are similar to the Thermaltake case, maybe a lil smaller. I just used the filter from my view case to compensate. Also, the top radiator support is good, but not perfect, like the view 31 case. It's all about finding that happy medium imo. For me, with a few mods for top radiator support and ventilation, the Phanteks case is the winner. I have been using it for a few months now, and so far anyway, the dust is almost non-existant.

Unfortunately Phanteks cases aren't available in Brazil. Also, I thought the View 31/Core x31 side panels sealed the case; at least in the reviews I've read/watched I didn't realize any gap between glass and frame. Well... I think I'll keep my TT Tsunami for some time until I find out something that works as expected by someone who faces dust problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0