Merging vendors feature in QuickBooks permits the user to consolidate all the transactions and update information as needed. This will save a lot of time and efforts as the user can see all the transactions at one place. In today’s post, we will be learning the process to merge vendors in QuickBooks. So, make sure that you read this blog carefully till the end.
Or you can also get in touch with our support via our toll-free number and ask them to carry out the merging vendors in QuickBooks desktop process on your behalf, as experimenting might cost you a bit. Give us a call whenever you need us, we will be happy to help you.
Things to remember
· Before merging vendors, create a backup of the company file
· Also, save the file names as single user mode
· No incomplete accountant changes should be present
· Do not use an accountant’s copy file
· Also turn off the multi-currency
Steps to merge vendors in QuickBooks 2019 and later versions
Follow these steps in order to merge the vendors in QuickBooks desktop 2019:
The user can merge vendors in QuickBooks, by carrying out the steps below:
· The user needs to first access merge vendors window
o This can be done by visiting the accountant menu and selecting client date review and then move to the merge vendors (for QuickBooks desktop accountant users)
o For QuickBooks desktop enterprise users, the steps are to visit the company menu and then choose the accounting tools, followed by visiting the merge vendors
· After that select the vendors to be merged and then click on next
· Followed by selecting a master vendor and then click on merge
· The next step is to click on yes to confirm
· And then click on Ok on the merge complete window
Steps to merge vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and below
· First of all, you need to choose Vendors menu
· After that select the Vendor Center
· Make a note or copy the name of the vendor that you would like to keep.
· After that hit a right-click on the name of the vendor that you would like to merge, then choose the Edit Vendor option.
· Now replace the vendor name with the one you took note of or copied,
· Now choose OK button.
· Finally choose Yes button to proceed with the mergeonce the prompt will appear
We end this over here, with the hope that the steps scribbled above might help you in merging vendors in QuickBooks desktop. Moreover, you can also contact our QuickBooks support team for further assistance, and ask them to perform the steps on your behalf. Call us anytime at 1-844-405-0907, and we will be happy to help you.