Level 10M odd direction changes

atenhara

I play eq2 almost exclusively. On rare occasions, maybe once a week, my current character changes directions. Generally happens when I am holding down the forward key, W in my case, and I decide to press the left mouse so I can micro change my forward motion (which offers more control then using A D keys). On these rare occasions my toon does a complete 180, both in the XY axis and in the Z axis. This can be detrimental if you are on a bridge say. This has also happened in WoW before.

I have made no changes to the config, it's right from the box. Has anyone else seen this occur?

Hello atenhara,

sorry to hear about the problems you encounter. Does this only happen in EverQuest or also outside the game or in other games (except WoW)?

To clarify: You have bound MOUSE1 to slighty change the direction in which your character moves? And every once in a while it does not what it is supposed to do but instead turns your character around completely, although you just want to slightly change the direction? Is that a game option or do you use some kind of script or third party software to achieve this? I am not familiar with the control options of EverQuest 2 so you'll probably need to elaborate on that. Does WoW offer a similar control option to this?

• 2 weeks later...

While I know what it means to bind a mouse key, I have never done it nor do I know how, or what uses I would have for it. I use not scripting, 3rd party anything just plug it in and use it. It happens in any game I play so far. I can be running with the run key and need to use the mouse to steer as it can be more precise then using A or D to turn. That is when this occurs and it is simply random. But it will occurr a couple times a day.

So if I understood this correctly now, you use the mouse movement to steer your character without pressing any additional buttons and sometimes the sensitivity increases so that your character does a 180° rotation, correct?

Are you able to verify this behaviour outside the game too?