Riing 14 Controller with View 71 RGB Case Not Saving Settings (Solved)

rjl68

Just recently purchased this case from Micro Center and it came with the Riing 14 RGB trio set. The fans work and look great with one problem. The RGB doesn't come back on after the PC goes to sleep or is rebooted. You have to go back to the controller, mounted on the inside of the case, to turn the RGB back on. 

The controller is connected to the Chassis Fan 1 connection on the M/B. I've tried it set to PWM, DC, and Auto in the bios with no change. Reconnected everything with no change. 

This isn't the plus so there is no USB connection which I believe means you can't use the software to control it. 

Any suggestions on getting this thing to save the settings? 

For anyone else having this issue I was able to resolve it by connecting the 4 pin connector to the CPU 2 fan header on my M/B. For some reason the regular sys fan headers don't appear to provide enough power. 

Found the solution in a deeply buried thread in these forums. 

• rjl68 changed the title to Riing 14 Controller with View 71 RGB Case Not Saving Settings (Solved)