Can't run both HDD at same time - BlacX Duet HDD Docking Station - ST0014U

ThermaDude

Hi everyone,

I can't run both HDD at same time on  BlacX Duet HDD Docking Station - ST0014U.

I put two HDD and just one work.

If I remove one, independent of slot, Windows 10 recognize it.

Suppose HDD#14 and HDD#15.

Suppose Slot #1 in front and Slot #2 in back.

If I use just HDD#14 and I put it in Slot #1 Windows (Disk Management and Explorer.exe) recognize it.

If I use just HDD#14 and I put it in Slot #2 Windows recognize it.

If I use just HDD#15 and I put it in Slot #1 Windows recognize it.

If I use just HDD#15 and I put it in Slot #2 Windows recognize it.

If I use HDD#14 in Slot #1 and HDD#15 in Slot #2 Windows recognize just HDD#14 (Slot #1).

If I use HDD#15 in Slot #1 and HDD#14 in Slot #2 Windows recognize just HDD#15 (Slot #1).

What the problem ?

Does BlacX Duet HDD Docking Station - ST0014U work only for one HDD and can't be use to work with two HDD at same time?

Sounds like immature Win10 Drivers somewhere: again, like the issue I am having with the latest GT72S Msi super-laptop + Win10 Pro + BlacX 2-bay docking + 2x 8Tb drives I get that real odd disk controller error which happens every minute or less making the drive spin up and down oddly. On Win7 I tried the same docking station + drives == no issues. :|

Going onto, what, 8+ months since Win10 came out and still no fixes?

• 7 months later...

I have always used mine on Windows 10 with zero problems until the LEDS and everything just stopped working.  It is not a driver issue in my case at least.  I doubt it is a driver issue for Beginner also.  These are now pretty generic drivers that are used and supported by many MS OS's

• 2 years later...

Basically the same issue with me.

I can put an SSD in slot 1 and another in slot 2.  When I boot my machine (Windows 7 Ultimate x64), it only recognizes the drive in the first slot.  I then shutdown the machine, swap the drives, but it still only recognizes the drive in slot 1.

Did anyone ever figure out how to get both drives recognized?  I'm using an eSATA connection between the dock and the PC.  Haven't even tried the USB connection because it would be so slow vs eSATA that it would be useless to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The going with time I read a blog, I accept that it doesn't bomb me moreover as much as this specific one. As such, I comprehend it was my decision to look at, regardless I really trusted you would most likely have something important to discuss. All I hear is a huge load of crying about something you could fix in the event that you were not clamoring searching for thought. 
confirm form resubmission error