Riing Plus RGB Software is causing HDD clicking

KLU

Hi guys,

I have just bought the most beautiful chassis fans in the world right now, Riing Plus RGB 12 :wub: Thank you TT! ;)

However, when the software is running, it is most probably pooling temps and this is causing my Toshiba X300 HDD clicking every ~5 seconds.

This is a known issue (CPUID SDK), also with a Corsair Link software, which is causing the same: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=163697

Please, FIX IT asap, because it is super annoying, and with TT RGB software disabled, the fans are only lit static, no cross nor my favourite ripple effects possible :(

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
KLU

Hi,

Can you help provide us with you full system specs?

As mentioned as well in the Corsair Thread, are you experiencing the same issue with HW Monitor or other applications?

On the Toshiba drive, do you have applications that are running when this is occurring? Any background apps?

If you turn these apps off, does the clicking continue?

Thanks for the info in advance as we try to recreate this issue to find a solution.

7 minutes ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Can you help provide us with you full system specs?

As mentioned as well in the Corsair Thread, are you experiencing the same issue with HW Monitor or other applications?

On the Toshiba drive, do you have applications that are running when this is occurring? Any background apps?

If you turn these apps off, does the clicking continue?

Thanks for the info in advance as we try to recreate this issue to find a solution.

Hi Mike. Full system specs: https://valid.x86.fr/d8kgqy

Yes, I have the same issue with Corsair Link, HW Monitor and now your software, so it just has to be some pooling issue, as all these programs have some monitoring features and are reading temperatures.

In all three cases, the clicking stops when I close the applications (to be precise, each one of them is enough to cause clicking, not all three simultaneously). And no, the Toshiba drive is purely for storage. System is on a separate NVME drive.

I appreciate your help, thank you.

Kind regards,
KLU

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...