Fan question - Thermaltake view 37 ARGB

Damien

Hi guys,

I recently bought a Tt view 37 argb case to suit my eatx board.  The mobo is an xpower z97 and as such does not have an rgb header for the pre-installed fans it comes with.  *I knew this buying the case*

Am I able to buy a controller/hub to use with Tt software to change the rgb's on these argb fans to my liking? 

I also have 3 x 120mm pure plus 12 fans which I am able to control via Tt software as well as synapse 3.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HI Damien,

To my knowledge, short answer No.

Provided the Z97 board does not have an addressable rgb 5V header or RGB headers you will have trouble connecting the Argb fans to the motherboard for control. There might be a chinese product available on AliExpress, but it will take some searching. It would have to be something along the lines of rgb to 9pin usb converter.

I recently built my View 37 and had my own fun with fan controls. I didn't have the problem with the headers, but TT syncing isn't my favorite. I ended up swapping out all my fans for coolermaster then just kept the case because its beautiful. 

I will say there is a start up company called Solidarity Technology that I might be worth checking out. The guy is wicket bright and making some neat DAC boards to control lighting. I stumbled on it a few weeks ago while building my PC and wanting more Argb headers. He might have a solution. Here's his Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfN1sXzg1AfopkQp8cYpUaA I emailed him last week and he responded quickly. 

5 hours ago, Sirgadd said:

HI Damien,

To my knowledge, short answer No.

Provided the Z97 board does not have an addressable rgb 5V header or RGB headers you will have trouble connecting the Argb fans to the motherboard for control. There might be a chinese product available on AliExpress, but it will take some searching. It would have to be something along the lines of rgb to 9pin usb converter.

I recently built my View 37 and had my own fun with fan controls. I didn't have the problem with the headers, but TT syncing isn't my favorite. I ended up swapping out all my fans for coolermaster then just kept the case because its beautiful. 

I will say there is a start up company called Solidarity Technology that I might be worth checking out. The guy is wicket bright and making some neat DAC boards to control lighting. I stumbled on it a few weeks ago while building my PC and wanting more Argb headers. He might have a solution. Here's his Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfN1sXzg1AfopkQp8cYpUaA I emailed him last week and he responded quickly. 

Awesome, I'll check them out.  Thanks  very much for your response.  I'll check them out, it's no big deal if I can't change them to my liking, but it would be nice to have that option.  And I completely agree with you on the case, it's a cracker to look at and build with.