How to power the fan controller in Thermaltake Command C34 case

oxide

I have a ThermalTake Commander C34 case. This has two 200mm ARGB fans in front, connected to a controller board. The rgb on the fans are supposed to be controlled from the board without needing the motherboard controller. I can't use the motherboard connector since my MB (Asus Z390-H) just has a regular LED strip connector (12V RGB) and not an addressable RGB (+5V DI) connector. But without a connection to the motherboard, the fans don't seem to be powered. It seems kind of silly to have the ability to operate the RGB independently of a motherboard control, but still require connection to the MB for power (why not use a SATA power or something like that as is done on many ThermalTake fan hubs).

Any ideas on how I could power the controller board? Otherwise I guess I will have to get another fan controller board. But the barebones manual doesn't have any information on what type of fans are installed in the case, nor any details about the controller board actually. So I am not sure which separate controller board to get that would be compatible with the fans in the case.