Jump to content
  • Forum Statistics

    5,864
    Total Topics
    40,320
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    63,480
    Total Members
    16,800
    Most Online
    trujjilo
    Newest Member
    trujjilo
    Joined

Nitemayr

Members
  • Content Count

    47
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Nitemayr

  • Rank
    2016 CaseMOD Invitational Season 1 Contender

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  1. Thank you! Every time I see it in my living room now I really like it. TIME TO GAME ON IT!
  2. First off.... A HUGE thank you to the sponsors. ThermalTake, for their generosity with the case, PSU, watercooling gear, and putting this whole thing together. Newegg, for the components that will get MANY hours of gaming use. Avexir, for some of the sickest looking RAM I've seen. ASUS, Intel, Samsung - Amazing hardware. Quality components, I couldn't ask for more. Specs on this bad boy! Case: ThermalTake Core P5 Power Supply: ThermalTake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1250W Titanium GPUs: 2x Asus 980 Strix SLI CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA
  3. Wonderful finish. Way to go, you should definitely be proud of this build. It's great, and I love mods that really dig in to all the little details. They're so easy to overlook, but really give mods that extra personality.
  4. Strange, they show up just fine for me. Try this link for an album of them: http://imgur.com/a/Sf254 I'll be taking some better shots and doing a write up tonight too.
  5. Quick photo post of the finished case... better write up to come tomorrow when I've had some sleep. ModMarathon... complete!!
  6. To steal a phrase from Mike Petereyns... #modmarathon Last day to work, and boy do I have some pictures coming after today. For now... enjoy the wood. It's the little things.... the white on the stock SATA cables clashed horribly....
  7. In crazy get this done mode, so only a real quick update while I take a short break in the work. Cut the back panel for the window design: The painting isn't done yet, but a rough idea of how it looks: I also took off a little black on the PSU to make it fit with the black/silver I have elsewhere. And back to work. Tons of wiring to do yet!!
  8. Ok... I've had an airbrush for a couple months now and haven't REALLY gotten into using it yet, so I figured this was a good project to break it in with. I'm going to mount this on the back of the case w/ some carefully placed lighting to emulate a 'stained glass window' look on the back of the case. The actual window panes will be cut out of the back panel, and the acrylic mounted behind it. Still have more to peel and paint, but all told, for my first major airbrush project, I'm pretty pleased. I need to get in there and refine the black lines though, they peeled when I was pee
  9. I hear that... dang day-jobs getting in the way! Good luck, can't wait to see it finished!
  10. Things are coming together! Cable combs were all installed last night, and they did wonders for the cable runs. I also took a moment to tear open that awesome TT power supply and swap the LEDs in the fan for the same ones I used elsewhere in the build.
  11. A first pass at removing the excess resin via a nice end-mill on the cnc. The CNC basically helped keep things level and smooth, without tearing tons of resin off/out of the grooves. Folowed that up with some planing, sanding, and general cleanup. I can't wait to see this with the wood stained dark!!! I ended up having to add another layer to the center support. Sadly, the original was just too narrow to allow all those sleeved cables to run inside. Despite extra pocketing, bending, pushing pulling..... it just wasn't happening. The extra layer was added and h
  12. Quiet night, but the PSU cables are cut, crimped, sleeved, and threaded. They just need their cable combs added and stuffed into the center support. Side note... center support pocket did not account for the additional volume of the sleeves.... have to make it a smidge bigger
  13. Clear resin was successful. I used blue painters tape on the top side of the lid, this allowed me to pour the resin from the underside and have it sit flush on the top edge. It also adds a neat crackle/antique glass looking effect to the resin, which should pop really nicely once lit. Cable sleeving for the power supply cables is about 90% done. I have a few splices to make now, which will actually sit between the 2x brackets and under the center support.
  14. For those of you who are enjoying the mod, thanks for the support!! For those who are commenting for the raffle, thanks for the support, I wish you luck! This is the unsanded clump of resin from a test board I was working on. It was primarily to get the mix of resin, hardener, and aluminum powder right. Here's another test spot with the resin (very roughly) sanded off. A couple small voids, but overall the resin filled in good! Now time to do the bigger pours.... This is the resin I used. It's really my first interaction w/ resin and powder, and I had only real
×
×
  • Create New...