Jump to content
  • Forum Statistics

    7,776
    Total Topics
    43,123
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    67,969
    Total Members
    16,800
    Most Online
    Flia
    Newest Member
    Flia
    Joined

Stefan Ulrich

Members
  • Content Count

    42
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Stefan Ulrich last won the day on February 12 2017

Stefan Ulrich had the most liked content!

About Stefan Ulrich

  • Rank
    Just Getting Started
  1. Interesting to see how the case will be included here. Looks like it will be only a 1 Player acrade? Or did you already thought about a button layout. 3, 6 or 8 Buttons?
  2. Ironknocker (Henning Wolters) from Germany for sure. Very talented guy.
  3. Thanks mate. Which "eye" do you mean. The one on the head part can move up and down.
  4. Thanks man! I made a short video, showing the functions of this Dalek casemod:
  5. Thanks man, actually I already build a TARDIS casemod last year ^^
  6. Now its time for the first bunch of the final pictures. But first of all I want to thank all the sponsors, that make such awesome events happen. Huge thanks to Thermaltake for having me participate in this contest. In addition to the pictures, I will also make a short making of video and show all the functions on the mod. So here we go with the pictures.
  7. So here is the last update before the final pictures. First of all I want to thank Gosumodz for providing some nice sleeves and cable management stuff for this build. I installed the hardware at this moment. Therefore, I screwed the motherboard tray in place. Before putting the mobo in, I installed the needed fittings for the watercooling. Then the water cooling loop was build. Most parts are build from acrylic pipes. Only on the backside and the middel section, I used flexible tubing. Next, the details for the main doors were painted gold. At the moment, I am finishing the c
  8. Due to some space issues, I postponed the painting of the doors. INstead I also reworked the opening mechanism for the doors. Than this little fellow needed some color on him. Next up, I cut the neccesary part of the case into shape. In addition, I made a new backplate that will give stability to the graphics cards. The inside of the Dalek was covered with bronze foile. , Before installing the water tanks, I made some clamps that will tidely hold them. Then the water tanks were installed. I also put the PSU in place and attached it to the bottom plate. The hardware
  9. Yes, the PSU will power everything. The arduino will be connected with USB to the mainboard. The LEDs have resistors in front and will be connected to the 5V of the PSU. For the servos I will use an converter to get 7,4V from the 12V of the PSU. And up we go. Not much time left, so I need to a bit faster now haha. I painted the doors for the mid section in a bronze tone. The paint was dabbed on with a brush to achieve a rough looking surface. The details then were painted gold with an airbrush. Then I 3D printed a cover for the opening were the weapon and instruments are attac
  10. Happy New Year to all of you! To hide the cables inside the neck section, I cut some wire frame into shape and attached it from the inside. Moreover, the wire frame was covered with black rubber foam. Now you cant see the cables inside and the black background will also intensify the light effect. Now two sections are done. Only two more to go. For convenient reasons, I temporarily detached the eye. Looks good so far. For the mid section, I started by painting the inside black. At the moment it looks a bit rough but it will be sanded later on and painted again. For some
  11. Thanks. Also Merry Christmas to you. (and all the other readers)
  12. There is still some work left on the top part. First, I attached the lights and made sure they are in the same position as in the original Dalek. Then the eye part was installed. Now I just need to put a counter weight in the back of the head to get a better balance. So basically the head piece is done. Next up. I also painted the upper mid section in the same bronze tone. In addition, I installed the acrylic pieces and worked on the electric. I tried to make the cable management as nice as possible. I will make it so that you can not see the cables through this part. But I did
  13. This time it will be only a short update. Got some major problems on the paint job that took some time... But here we go. For the "nose/eye" part I needed to cut some acrylic into various discs. I sanded the surface down and glued them into place. Then I started to paint the heads part. Unfortunately I have not looked carefully enough when I was buying the color. I had syntetic one, but all my colors for weathering are acrylic based. To make it worse, I realized my mistake after I sprayed on the first layers. So I had to remove all the color... I went back to the good old methode of da
×
×
  • Create New...