View 51TG ARGB Case Fan Troubles

Zaaaaaack

I'm having trouble getting the fan controller on the back to work with my motherboard with this case.

View 51 Tempered Glass ARGB Edition

I have a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master motherboard. I've never worked with 6 pin fan connectors before, and I tried using the connectors in order to connect the controller to the motherboard. I have a 750w gold power supply, so I'm certain that power isn't an issue.

I attempted to use the VDG cable, but there isn't a VDG pin. There is a VD_G pin, but no VDG. I even tried to use the other connector to attempt to connect to that spot G_D+5V), but unfortunately no dice for the fans. I know that Thermal Mike said that Gigabyte may in the future change up pins, so instead of using the VDG it would be the other cable.

I've checked to make sure the controller was getting power. It is.

I've switched power cables to the controller, but no dice.

One of the previous builds I was able to get the fans to work, but I didn't plug the controller into the motherboard. It was just receiving power from the power supply.

ARGB Controller : [In - mb] ------ VD_G

Here is a pic of what I'm working with. Tried to get an actual schematic that shows pretty much everything.

GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151 (300 Series) ATX Intel ...

Manual Resource Link: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z390-aorus-master_1001_190219_e.pdf

Sorry if this is supposed to be simple, but I'm exhausted after troubleshooting through other builds before getting to this one. I have searched for videos on the internet, but literally there is nothing that shows how to connect from the controller to the motherboard. Not even the Thermaltake manual. I'm hoping the fans aren't somehow shot, because there is no way to take off the front cover as it's tempered glass.

It's a beautiful case, but I would not recommend this case. It's a lot more easier to buy a Corsair case or any other case, because I can take the front fans off if need be.

From all of my research apparently Thermaltake fans do short out a lot more. Perhaps Thermaltake should stick to an industry standard.

I didnt get it. Do you have cables for case leds and motherboard?  all you need is to connect pins accordinly. Try to use MSI or ASUS cable they have VD_G pins as on your motherboard. so V-5V, D-Data, _ -empty pin, G-ground. Or make a photo of motherboard pins and controller pins. Also dont forget that you need to hold 3 secs for swithing to software control mode.

gfg.thumb.JPG.5fc966b5632a9725a861ebea802439ee.JPG    12121.JPG.6a0290f66392c8845ac3fb20a51b37c4.JPG