TH120 vs Water 3.0 120

flagrant99

TH120 ARGB Sync AIO Liquid Cooler
VS
Water 3.0 120 ARGB Sync

I have a Thermaltake Tower 100 Snow Edition coming. Building with Ryzen 5 5600X, ASUS ROG Strix B550-I.

Trying to do decide between these two liquid coolers.

One has Square Copper Block.

The other has Round Copper block.

Price is almost the same. 

Which is better. 

I've been wondering exactly the same thing, and I'm also looking at the Tower 100 (black version).  Keep us posted!

Scan UK sells both, and it seems like they're both PWM fans though.  Other than the round/square pump, I can't see any difference.

Not sure if links are allowed, so just the descriptions:

Thermaltake TH120 ARGB Sync, 120mm All-In-One CPU Hydro Cooler w/ ARGB Lighting, 1x120mm PWM Fan

Thermaltake Water 3.0 ARGB, 120mm All-In-One CPU Hydro Cooler w/ ARGB Lighting, 1x120mm PWM Fan

• 7 months later...
On 3/23/2021 at 2:07 AM, TT CPM said:

Hi,

Fan with Water 3.0 120 ARGB is PWM, TH120 is fixed speed, it depends on if you need a PWM fan.

The real question is how does the pump and radiator compare.  Any 120 mm fan can be swapped out on one of these rigs.  So PWM can be available for the TH120 if you're willing to swap the stock fan out for a PWM fan

On 10/27/2021 at 5:12 AM, Nick Miltier said:

The real question is how does the pump and radiator compare.  Any 120 mm fan can be swapped out on one of these rigs.  So PWM can be available for the TH120 if you're willing to swap the stock fan out for a PWM fan

Hi,

Radiators are similar. Pump speed of TH is a bit higher than water 3.0 which is 3300RPM vs 3000RPM.

https://www.thermaltake.com/th120-argb-sync-aio-liquid-cooler.html#additional  

https://www.thermaltake.com/water-3-0-120-argb-sync.html#additional