The Tower 100 mini - Front Audio Connectors

Murphoma

TT Experts:

So just put a build together with the Tower 100 mini case with Asus Z590-i MB. So I am having issues with the front headphone and microphone jacks being mixed up. I have quadruple checked my connections to the mb. When I insert headphone into the front headphone jack the Realtek Audio Control software asks tells me the mic is plugged in, (I do not have an option to say it's another port) and vice versa with the mic thinking it's headphone jack. I get no sound or mic use of course.

Cable can only go in one way to HD Audio on the motherboard. I have uninstalled the audio drivers a few times. Rear audio ports on the motherboard work fine.This leaves me to believe that maybe the front audio header got put together wrong or mixed up?

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this. To find out if this is hardware or software, bad front header, bad cable?.

Thanks in advance

Murph

I wanted to add, when I plug in headphones into the mic jack I do hear audio and the computer thinks it's headphones. Is there a way to rewire the front cable? Yeah, yeah I understand, just flip my connections from my headphone/mic set up and call it good, but this case is not even 2 weeks old, it should be wired correctly.

Thanks again

22 minutes ago, Murphoma said:

I wanted to add, when I plug in headphones into the mic jack I do hear audio and the computer thinks it's headphones. Is there a way to rewire the front cable? Yeah, yeah I understand, just flip my connections from my headphone/mic set up and call it good, but this case is not even 2 weeks old, it should be wired correctly.

Thanks again

PM you

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2021 at 10:32 PM, TT James said:

PM you

I am having the same problem  as the person above. When I plug in my headphones  into the  front mic port insteadof headphones port,  it works and I hear sound but also my audio is reverse from Left to right and right to left when plugged  in. Is there a fix or a recall on this?

1 minute ago, Murphoma said:

They should send you a switch cable. Basically goes in between your current cable and the MB. I guess they have had a few bad cases go out with the wiring flipped. Send James a message. He helped me out and things work great now.

Oh okay  nice to hear yours is fixed.  I'll message  him.  Thanx

On 4/28/2021 at 12:05 PM, SonNY said:

Oh okay  nice to hear yours is fixed.  I'll message  him.  Thanx

Here I am! PM you for ur contact info.

On 4/28/2021 at 12:02 PM, Murphoma said:

They should send you a switch cable. Basically goes in between your current cable and the MB. I guess they have had a few bad cases go out with the wiring flipped. Send James a message. He helped me out and things work great now.

Thank you! 

14 hours ago, Rockie said:

Hey James I have the same issue, must be the cable. Said you couldn't recieve messages when I tried to PM. This problem is driving me nuts!

Yeah, in their manufacturing some of their connectors got assembled wrong. TT sent me cable to fix the problem. Its a easy fix if you know how to take those 8 pins out of the HD AUDIO plug. If you don't want to wait for them to send you a cable., Let me know of you want me to send you pictures  of how pin layout  is supposed  to go. And you can do it yourself. 

6 hours ago, SonNY said:

Its a easy fix if you know how to take those 8 pins out of the HD AUDIO plug.

Unfortunatly my mobo crams the HD AUDIO header in the worst place possible and I cant use my jumper wires to re-wire them.. I can't remember if TT has the cable where you can pull apart seperate pins and re-organise them. I don't mind waiting! Luckily the rear IO for this case is on the top and I can just leave the top mesh not fully clicked in. Pretty easy to unplug my speakers and plug my headphones in.