High CPU temperature and software issues with Thermaltake Toughliquid Cooler 360

Riadul

I'm experiencing high CPU temperatures when my Intel Core i7-14700KF is under heavy load. During stress testing, the CPU temperature reaches 96-97 degrees Celsius. While gaming, the temperature ranges from 70 to 80 degrees Celsius.

I'm using the Thermaltake Toughliquid Cooler 360 for CPU cooling. I'm concerned about these high CPU temperatures, especially under heavy load. Is this normal performance for the Toughliquid Cooler 360, or could there be an issue with the cooler or its installation?

I'm also experiencing some software issues with the cooler. The CPU temperature display in the software is stuck and not updating. Additionally, I'm having trouble getting the cooler's connector to work properly.

I'm considering upgrading the cooler to improve CPU temperature management and resolve these software issues. Would this be necessary, or are the current temperatures within acceptable limits?

I'm also interested in overclocking my CPU, but I'm concerned about the impact on temperature and potential software compatibility issues. Would the Toughliquid Cooler 360 be sufficient for overclocking, or would I need to upgrade?

Any suggestions or recommendations on improving CPU temperature management, resolving software issues, or upgrading to a different Thermaltake cooler would be greatly appreciated.

My PC Spec Details:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-14700KF
  • Graphics Card: Intel Arc A770 16GB
  • Cooler: Thermaltake Toughliquid Cooler 360
  • Motherboard: MSI Z790-P
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 64GB
  • NVMe: Samsung 2TB
  • HDD: Toshiba 4TB
  • Power Supply: Corsair CV 750W 80+ Bronze Certified

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Riadul,

The Intel 13th Gen and 14th Gen CPUs will automatically overclock when operating, therefore it is normal when the CPU temperature reaches 96-97 degrees Celcius when installed with our TOUGHLIQUID 360mm CPU Cooler. If the CPU Cooler is not capable of handling the CPU heat, then the temperature of the CPU will ultimately hit the temperature wall of 100 degrees Celcius and then automatically downclocking.  In conclusion, your TOUGHLIQUID 360 CPU Cooler is still capable of handling your current Intel Core i7-14700KF at hand. 

Regarding the software issue, we recommend downloading the latest version of TT RGB PLUS V2.1.5 and trying again. 

If you have further queries, please feel free to contact us. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just return it and get the nzxt. It's a far better product with better support and software that doesn't look like it was written by kids in the 90's. The software issue you describe is well known, just look at every other post in this forum. everyone is having the issue and they've not been able to figure out what the issue is.