Challenger Prime: Windows Key in Game Mode

halfblake

I understand that the Windows key is disabled in game mode, and I understand why. I know that switching back to standard mode via fn+prtscr brings back the use of the Windows key, but disabled the macro keys.

I need to know if it is possible to prevent the Windows key from getting disabled. I still want to be able to use the Windows key when I am in a game, as I can remap it more intelligently using software than by preventing the key event on the board. 

Guest Tt Josh

I understand that the Windows key is disabled in game mode, and I understand why. I know that switching back to standard mode via fn+prtscr brings back the use of the Windows key, but disabled the macro keys.

I need to know if it is possible to prevent the Windows key from getting disabled. I still want to be able to use the Windows key when I am in a game, as I can remap it more intelligently using software than by preventing the key event on the board. 

Hi, sorry for that as that's the design for this keyboard.

We are doing something on that that allow windows key on game mode, but that will be on the newer version of challenger prime that might come out in the near future.

Another return.  There is no reason to disable an essential windows key by default.  If it's a problem for some users, it's easy enough to just allow users to remove the mapping for that button.  Permanently disabling the key to prevent accidental usage of the button is just stupid.  It means in order to use the keyboard, I have to not use any of the custom buttons.  This totally defeats the selling point of the keyboard.

I am returning the keyboard and have left negative reviews on Amazon and Newegg.

Another return.  There is no reason to disable an essential windows key by default.  If it's a problem for some users, it's easy enough to just allow users to remove the mapping for that button.  Permanently disabling the key to prevent accidental usage of the button is just stupid.  It means in order to use the keyboard, I have to not use any of the custom buttons.  This totally defeats the selling point of the keyboard.

I am returning the keyboard and have left negative reviews on Amazon and Newegg.

Yea, you can say that again man. I totally agree with you and everyone else here. We have been lied to for a year.

I feel your pain man. I've been waiting like 9-10 months now for an update. I'm sure they could have updated a software version that allows you to map the windows key with the software to have it work with the Macros. Makes no sense to have the key disabled and then can you only use the macro;s, and then when you enable the key the macros don't work.

That is why I got this keyboard the price point and I thought the colors and the features and they promised to fix this issue, now it looks like they scrapped the idea after leading us on for months, lying and nothing but bullshit. If i knew that I would have returned it in the 30 days of buying it. Now I'm stuck with it and I'm out money. I'm pist.

I think I'm going to scrap this #### and buy a G710 or 9xx series from logitech instead. I'm never getting another brand board again, my fault for going against Logitech. I knew I should have stook with them. I'm giving thumbs down for reviews as well. 1 star.

Lesson learned.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've updated a new version of the software: http://www.ttesports.com/Keyboard/217/CHALLENGER_Prime_RGB_Combo/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr

1.FN + END : WINDOWS KEY ON/OFF

2.FN + NUM : FULL KEY LOCK ON/OFF

when will this update come out for the older red purple blue challenger prime?

i just got one for the macros but it is useless if i cant use the windows key at the same time and it would be a shame to get a refund as it has a nice feel to the keys

also it would be nice if that big useless back light dial could be used for sound or some sort of macro

when will this update come out for the older red purple blue challenger prime?

i just got one for the macros but it is useless if i cant use the windows key at the same time and it would be a shame to get a refund as it has a nice feel to the keys

also it would be nice if that big useless back light dial could be used for sound or some sort of macro

Please download the software V3.0 here: http://www.ttesports.com/Keyboard/156/CHALLENGER_Prime/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr

Got this keyboard yesterday primarily for non gaming use and need the macro and windows keys together. Downloaded the second software in your link (it is really not helpful if you have 4 links with the same name and same release date). However Fn+End still doesn't work.

Unfortunately that has not been updated with the new software (the update should be from this year, those links are from 2015).

The link:

We've updated a new version of the software: http://www.ttesports...e.htm?a=a&g=ftr

1.FN + END : WINDOWS KEY ON/OFF

2.FN + NUM : FULL KEY LOCK ON/OFF

for the other keyboard does not work with the red purple blue challenger prime.

Would appreciate if the link for the rpb keyboard could be updated with the driver update.

Many thanks.

Hi, do you know if there is a particular reason that the macro keys are unasignable outside of gaming mode (for the red purple blue challenger prime keyboard)?

Whilst working I find a need to compile in different ways, using these keys as shortcuts to the different methods. Even with setting up a gaming mode and mapping T6 to the windows key, (surely unnecessary) this doesn't work with combination presses (e.g. windows+e, windows+tab, etc). In any case apps such as the XBOX actually require windows + G to be pressed to use whilst gaming, and so even whilst gaming I would prefer this key to be active (although I do understand the reasons that some people do not).

In any case, I see that an update has been provided for the other version of the keyboard to give the users the option, and I hope that it will be provided for this keyboard too.

Regards,

Primeman

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/23/2016 at 8:36 PM, halfblake said:

Hi,, can you pick up the right options of it, then might be possible to choose the best one.