Riing Premium TT fans unfit for purpose. Buy if you want to boil your system.

Juris

I bought 9 Riing Premium TT fans, 3 kits as soon as they came out in Europe in September. They cost 210 GBP which is a hefty outlay. Since then I've tried pretty much everything to get them to work on a reliable basis (never mind 1 of the controllers broke and took 6 weeks to get replaced) but due to TT's appalling software that is impossible. I've tried all versions so far. Reinstalling, watching for program conflicts, switching headers and even different PC's does not help.

From controllers not being recognised to the fans randomly switching profiles whenever it suits them these things simply cannot be said to be fit for purpose. When you are in game with your sys going full belt and your controllers decide to switch from performance non PWM to silent non PWM mode that puts serious stress on the hardware they are meant to be cooling. The only way to ensure your internals won't get baked is to constantly monitor the fans visually and setup different colour profiles for each fan profile so you know they've dropped the required profile. Guys the user shouldn't have to be monitoring the fans, the fans are meant to be monitoring the system.

eg an hour ago I left my system (4790k with NZXT AIO & 295x2, Inwin 909 case) on in Elite Dangerous. Full RPM performance non-PWM profile selected at approx 55 Celsius. I returned 30 mins ago to find both CPU & GPU at 74 Celsius (295x2 throttles at this temp) because the Riing controllers had switched profile by themselves and ramped the fans down to 350rpm.

Now less than 4 months on they release yet another SKU with the Premium Plus with a revised controller and software which frankly looks like the TT Premium model was a beta that should never have been released to the public and calls by others here on the forum on many threads for revised software to fix the TT's issues, or even to acknowledge them appear to have fallen on deaf ears. Nobody from TT seems to answer here and while I understand support tickets can be filed it would be nice to actually hear TT's side of things. Sorry for the rant but its a 210 GBP down the toilet rant and possibly in future fried hardware. At that price I think thats justified.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fixed the issue and if you want the fix pm me! I worked with Thermaltake on the issues with these hubs.

I bought 9 Riing Premium TT fans, 3 kits as soon as they came out in Europe in September. They cost 210 GBP which is a hefty outlay. Since then I've tried pretty much everything to get them to work on a reliable basis (never mind 1 of the controllers broke and took 6 weeks to get replaced) but due to TT's appalling software that is impossible. I've tried all versions so far. Reinstalling, watching for program conflicts, switching headers and even different PC's does not help.

From controllers not being recognised to the fans randomly switching profiles whenever it suits them these things simply cannot be said to be fit for purpose. When you are in game with your sys going full belt and your controllers decide to switch from performance non PWM to silent non PWM mode that puts serious stress on the hardware they are meant to be cooling. The only way to ensure your internals won't get baked is to constantly monitor the fans visually and setup different colour profiles for each fan profile so you know they've dropped the required profile. Guys the user shouldn't have to be monitoring the fans, the fans are meant to be monitoring the system.

eg an hour ago I left my system (4790k with NZXT AIO & 295x2, Inwin 909 case) on in Elite Dangerous. Full RPM performance non-PWM profile selected at approx 55 Celsius. I returned 30 mins ago to find both CPU & GPU at 74 Celsius (295x2 throttles at this temp) because the Riing controllers had switched profile by themselves and ramped the fans down to 350rpm.

Now less than 4 months on they release yet another SKU with the Premium Plus with a revised controller and software which frankly looks like the TT Premium model was a beta that should never have been released to the public and calls by others here on the forum on many threads for revised software to fix the TT's issues, or even to acknowledge them appear to have fallen on deaf ears. Nobody from TT seems to answer here and while I understand support tickets can be filed it would be nice to actually hear TT's side of things. Sorry for the rant but its a 210 GBP down the toilet rant and possibly in future fried hardware. At that price I think thats justified.

Hi!

I second everything you say. We just posted a "review" of our experiences with the RIING fans. On paper - excellent specs. In reality one of the most buggy, quality control-lacking and non-Premium product we have touched in many years at a hefty price. 

We have 5 boxes (15 fans) and have had nothing but problems. Our post: http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/63674-tt-premium-riing-software-controlled-fans-product-fail/

I fixed the issue and if you want the fix pm me! I worked with Thermaltake on the issues with these hubs.

We have freezup of the software. We are boiling out water in the loop and we have received no help except replacement parts for broken USB controllers from Thermaltake. We have now emailed for RMA or for replacement with RIIING PLUS if they feel this will solve all problems.

If you have anything to say to Thermaltake - then please share with them the findings in our previous post. It is not good for marketing or for the name of the company to relaese a BETA product at that hefty price and not respond to emails.

I do not believe this to be a cable issue primarily. 

Thanks