Is a push/pull config possible on Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition?

kelliegator

Hello, I had considered buying a Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition and I was just wondering if it's possible to set up a push/pull fan configuration for it?

That's kind of all there is to my question. I had considered buying an extra Riing Plus 12 LED RGB Radiator fan TT Premium Edition 3-pack for it.

But I'm a little unsure. Someone recommended I do a push/pull config for my case, but with three fans on one side and three fans on the other, well, that's a lot of fans. And possibly two fan controllers to keep tack of, if I'm not mistaken? I'm having second thoughts and wondering if this is a good idea?

The case I'm trying to fit it all in is an NZXT H440. I was told the case gets a bit hot on the inside but I wanna stick with it because it looks good and has all the functions I want.

EDIT:

Unrelated question, but does this AIO cooler come with thermal paste or do I need to buy it separately?

• 5 weeks later...

Late reply I know, but I've just finished a build in the view 71 case and managed to do push/pull with no issue. 

Keep in mind that Thermaltake do not supply enough screws to mount all 6 fans to the rad though, and unless you're OK only partially mounting the fans using long screws then you'll need to buy more. 

I believe the ones you need are machine head 6-32 x 1 1/4 screws. 

• 1 month later...

You can do a push pull. As above you do need some more screws. As far as the second controller the premium eddition fans you can connect to the controller you have now and control all six fans through the software. That is provided the software works for you. 

I havent seen the case so cant comment on that. I would do some measuring before hand though. 

The AIO has the dry thermal paste pre-applied to the block. I removed it and used my own paste. I highly recommend the same. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 8:44 PM, Michelle Peter said:

I would also like to know how that system of "push/pull config" works . Thanks 

that's fairly simple - on the downside of the radiator you mount push fans (blow direction to top) and on the top side of the rad you mount extractors means fans extracting the air (pull). It's just a matter of mounting the fans!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Michelle Peter said:

thank you for clarification. so fans at both ends of the radiator . alright . wouldn't there be a pressure difference when both the fans run in such a close proximity . ie only the radiator separating them. 

yes, both sides of the Rad - if you use same type/size/speed of fans there is no problem. However this is usually not necessary when the Rad is large enuf.