Mom's Mod - Everquest Themed Pay it Forward Build

DDCustomMods

4xcUtOu.jpg

PCPartPicker Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zn9Zw6

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to get the mod log started for our newest case mod!  It won’t be anything super crazy just a simple themed “Pay it Forward” mod for my mother.

BACKGROUND

My mother was always encouraging and supportive in my gaming growing up and to this day still plays Everquest(15 years later…).  Because of this, I am transplanting her computer guts into a Nanoxia CoolForce 1 Tempered Glass edition case.  Thankfully Nanoxia is sponsoring the case, fans and LED strips to make this a reality.

uFUyyTw.jpg

So as we continue down this journey, help me celebrate a belated birthday/retirement/Mother’s Day gift.

CONCEPT

The front panel of the case will have the EQ logo in lavender and a vinyl decal shot of her halfling druid.

GSICpjJ.jpg

The glass side of the case will be frosted with the druid logo.  Her main character’s name on the custom PSU shroud.

etnJahy.jpg

If we can manage to get the wood and hardware, upgrading her gaming workstation is a priority as her small desk does not have the storage to handle her crafts and computer.  So I did up a concept for a desk that would provide her with all the organization she would need.

GyXh3Kj.jpg
00aVyOQ.jpg

WARNING!!! SPOILER!!

Here’s the final before and after of the build and her gaming station.  Feel free to read through the forums to see how we accomplished this!
CASE MOD
Before:
ru2qXNm.jpg
After:
J68nLMD.jpg

GAMING STATION
Before:
hZNuPfu.jpg
After:
MycnfVq.jpg
1zLUszV.jpg

Until the next update,  Happy Modding!

• 1 month later...

We will be kicking off our #STREAM packed weekend with a LIVE Unboxing of our newest mod PC case by #Nanoxia!!

Join us Sat(6/23) 6am PST(US) on #Twitch! #MomsMod #Everquest #PC

http://www.twitch.tv/DDCustomMods  <- Follow and click "Notify" so you don't miss it!

We will post the link to the recorded unboxing next week!

4vP0Flz.png

• 2 months later...

4xcUtOu.jpg

Hey everyone!

Time for a long overdue update!  Let’s make this a big one!

First I’d like to welcome aboard our newest sponsor GAMDIAS!  Who provided a mouse and mouse mat.  Also, our streaming partner @SomeRandomChicx from Twitch who provided the matching GAMDIAS keyboard!

XrNJs9v.jpg

KigPkDq.jpg

To continue with materials for this build, we ordered some sleeving to make our custom extensions from MainFrame Customs!

qWgGhJm.jpg

Now to get onto what you came for….. the case modding.  We unboxed the case and got straight to work.  First, we flipped the optical cages.  Then took the case apart and reassembled it in a reverse ATX configuration.  Next to strengthen the motherboard tray to finalize the mod.

x1ry8uJ.jpg

OEQhROW.jpg

QF7c0jI.jpg

HuGgfPO.jpg

The hardest part was making the front mesh back up in a way that still looked normal-ish

Z2hN9TG.jpg

Our temporary pile of parts while we took the case apart.

cfEtHbr.jpg

Our custom vinyl stickers!  They will pop nicely against the black case!

kyEJhr1.jpg

Until the next update,  Happy Modding!

Mod Components:

Case: Nanoxia CoolForce1

Fans: Nanoxia CoolForce 120/140mm

Keyboard: GAMDIAS Ares P1

Mouse: GAMDIAS Hades

Gaming Mat: GAMDIAS NYX

• 5 months later...

09QjwL4.jpg

Gooooood morning everyone!

Did you miss me?  Sorry about the long pause between updates, but I wanted to bring you some of the custom sleeving we are doing for the build.  We’ve been on hiatus waiting for the weather to turn pleasant again so I can begin painting components.

But we began sleeving……. And like all tedious tasks, sunflower seeds are a must to increase concentration!

LMrAAMG.jpg

Starting with the 24 Pin we got our purple camo cables in place.

zmbUyZQ.jpg

Final shots of our 24 pin, absolutely loving the boldness of these Nanoxia cable combs!

NWTimU9.jpg

YqtNZPe.jpg

After the 24 pin was done, we switched gears and made our 8 pin EPS connector as well.

jFFpUyT.jpg

Again I apologize about such a long delay in updates, hopefully as this winter is turning to spring I will have more to update soon!!

As always…. Keep modding!

• 2 weeks later...

4xcUtOu.jpg

Good morning all my lovely people!

I’m pleased to announce that #MomsMod is COMPLETE!! 

So let’s begin…..

iEcpHHk.jpg

We start off first with the Gamdias peripherals, the Ares Keyboard and the Hades Mouse.  Mask and paint time.

IttC7ky.jpg
bxjoDFt.jpg
TbaOcL9.jpg
JUGhKae.jpg
KI7tjUs.jpg
al19ZnA.jpg
oEQ9mJD.jpg

Switching over to the Nanoxia CoolForce 140mm fans, we mask the frame off so we can get the fans painted purple!

BqoVvBF.jpg
vUGbIGa.jpg
4Npa7L2.jpg

After a day of letting the paint dry, we are ready to start assembling the case.

RLSIahg.jpg

So far so good!  That vinyl looks awesome!

w4RYOiR.jpg

But now we need the hardware…. Let’s look at the tragic tower she has been using…… all that dust! YUCK!

ru2qXNm.jpg
ysmR0YR.jpg

Rip the hardware out, salvage what’s acceptable, then get that Intel motherboard installed in the Nanoxia CoolForce1 case.

RWCNpss.jpg

Now it’s time to drop in an upgraded air cooler that might just do a bit better than her other one…

uiaHuws.jpg

That cable management……. Just don’t look at the backside

LluUqd7.jpg

I told you not to look!

202SgZk.jpg

But…. we can fix it with these lovely Nanoxia CoolForce combs!!!

H3qKzIO.jpg

Boom!  Build is complete!  One Lavender Everquest case mod complete!!

J68nLMD.jpg
Cn8B4Fw.jpg

Now what…….?!?!  Oh right, need to address that old desk mess situation….

hZNuPfu.jpg

And ta-da!  Now she not only has a setup worth showing off, but she’s got some extra organization for all her craft business

V97h7sx.jpg
1zLUszV.jpg

And here’s an obligatory photo of me training the next generation of modders!  My 3 year old diligently putting screws into the motherboard tray while watching YouTube on her tablet.

ChGU0Tl.jpg

As always, thanks for joining us on this journey and keep modding!!

• 5 weeks later...

4xcUtOu.jpg

How about a quick update to share our review of the Nanoxia CoolForce case that we modded for this project!  Solid intro case with a beautiful smoked tempered glass side panel.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV3JsLuxLdE

As always! Be yourself, be unique!

• 3 years later...
On 3/11/2019 at 10:29 PM, DDCustomMods said:

4xcUtOu.jpg

I’m pleased to announce that #MomsMod is COMPLETE!! 

World's Hardest Game
So let’s begin…..

iEcpHHk.jpg

We start off first with the Gamdias peripherals, the Ares Keyboard and the Hades Mouse.  Mask and paint time.

IttC7ky.jpg
bxjoDFt.jpg
TbaOcL9.jpg
JUGhKae.jpg
KI7tjUs.jpg
al19ZnA.jpg
oEQ9mJD.jpg

Switching over to the Nanoxia CoolForce 140mm fans, we mask the frame off so we can get the fans painted purple!

BqoVvBF.jpg
vUGbIGa.jpg
4Npa7L2.jpg

After a day of letting the paint dry, we are ready to start assembling the case.

RLSIahg.jpg

So far so good!  That vinyl looks awesome!

w4RYOiR.jpg

But now we need the hardware…. Let’s look at the tragic tower she has been using…… all that dust! YUCK!

ru2qXNm.jpg
ysmR0YR.jpg

Rip the hardware out, salvage what’s acceptable, then get that Intel motherboard installed in the Nanoxia CoolForce1 case.

RWCNpss.jpg

Now it’s time to drop in an upgraded air cooler that might just do a bit better than her other one…

uiaHuws.jpg

That cable management……. Just don’t look at the backside

LluUqd7.jpg

I told you not to look!

202SgZk.jpg

But…. we can fix it with these lovely Nanoxia CoolForce combs!!!

H3qKzIO.jpg

Boom!  Build is complete!  One Lavender Everquest case mod complete!!

J68nLMD.jpg
Cn8B4Fw.jpg

Now what…….?!?!  Oh right, need to address that old desk mess situation….

hZNuPfu.jpg

And ta-da!  Now she not only has a setup worth showing off, but she’s got some extra organization for all her craft business

V97h7sx.jpg
1zLUszV.jpg

And here’s an obligatory photo of me training the next generation of modders!  My 3 year old diligently putting screws into the motherboard tray while watching YouTube on her tablet.

ChGU0Tl.jpg

As always, thanks for joining us on this journey and keep modding!!

Perhaps when redesigning the table we should also take into account the size of the person sitting (eg the woman above).