Core X9 questions

Ghia

Hi...

Been very happy with my Armor Revo Snow Ed. case for nearly 5 years. Time for a new build !

My case will be the Core X9.

I plan to remove the 5.25" drive cages and installing a second 200x 30 mm intake fan in the front.

How much room will that steal in the top, radiator-space wise ?

Is there still room for 2x 480, or 2x 420 rad in the top ?

Tnx :-)

There is enough room even with the 2nd 200mm but if your plans is to not use the drive bays you might want to take a look at the Level 20 XT. It is built off the same base chassis as the x9 but with some small changes. I have had the core x9 for some time now and plan to upgrade to the Level 20 XT. 
It is estimated to be out Q3 of this year so its close.

But all in all the x9 is still a great case

http://computex2018.thermaltake.com/goods_key_chassis.html

Thank you, Tack !

Yes, what I see with the X9 is endless possibilities :-)

With some quite good USB 3.0 drives out there, I feel I can live without the 5.25" cages.

Do you have a build log or something for your X9 ? I'd be very interested to see what you have done regarding fans and radiators/cooling !

I'll be sure to have a look at that new case. The Level 20 XT look a little bit more "modern" than the X9. Not that I need unlimited ammounts of bling, but SOME would be nice. And as long as it can take an EATX mobo, I'm interested. And it has USB 3.1 TypeC, too...

I'm in no terrible hurry...still have some bits and pieces to collect, so not ready to build yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 11:33 AM, Ghia said:

Thank you, Tack !

Yes, what I see with the X9 is endless possibilities :-)

With some quite good USB 3.0 drives out there, I feel I can live without the 5.25" cages.

Do you have a build log or something for your X9 ? I'd be very interested to see what you have done regarding fans and radiators/cooling !

I'll be sure to have a look at that new case. The Level 20 XT look a little bit more "modern" than the X9. Not that I need unlimited ammounts of bling, but SOME would be nice. And as long as it can take an EATX mobo, I'm interested. And it has USB 3.1 TypeC, too...

I'm in no terrible hurry...still have some bits and pieces to collect, so not ready to build yet.

Hey sorry for the late reply work has been taking up my time. 

I do not have a build log but plan to do some showcases on rgb mods I have done.

I don't have a full loop atm but was planning to do one and started purchasing parts a while back. Unfortunately it was when Thermaltake first brought out the rads that were zinc plated aluminum and turns out to be a mixed metal nightmare so I abandoned that project at the loss of $$$. So cut my losses and went with a cheap fan cooler then got the flow 360 once it came out so that is what I have been using. 

I will attempt to do another lcs once the new Nvidia cards come out but that depending on if I have the cash to do so

I will post some updated pic of my current setup if I find time
here is a sort of outdated gif 
9cVXTkU.gif

Tnx again :-)

Right now I'm in a toss-up between the Core X9 and the new Level 20 GT (the XT doesn't take an E-ATX mobo).

Problem is, an E-ATX board  in Level 20 GT is vertical and will cover all the cable grommets from the rear, which I don't like. 

5 hours ago, Ghia said:

Tnx again :-)

Right now I'm in a toss-up between the Core X9 and the new Level 20 GT (the XT doesn't take an E-ATX mobo).

Problem is, an E-ATX board  in Level 20 GT is vertical and will cover all the cable grommets from the rear, which I don't like. 

The core x9 and level 20 xt have the same specs

I will post some comparison pics of the x9 vs the xt soon. fedex just dropped it off.

Blwd017.jpg

I read on some website that the XT could only accomodate ATX mobos. I see the specs are up on TT website now, and I see they were wrong :-)

So XT it is, for me too.

Looking forward to pics !

2x Riing Plus 200mm fans would be nice in front of the XT, but the included RGB controller obviously doesn't work with EVGA motherboards ??

• 4 months later...
On 8/19/2018 at 11:24 AM, Ghia said:

I read on some website that the XT could only accomodate ATX mobos. I see the specs are up on TT website now, and I see they were wrong :-)

So XT it is, for me too.

Looking forward to pics !  HostGator DreamHost Bluehost

2x Riing Plus 200mm fans would be nice in front of the XT, but the included RGB controller obviously doesn't work with EVGA motherboards ??

Thank you, Tack !

Yes, what I see with the X9 is endless possibilities :-)