[Tech question] TT Riing 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan Sync Edition

Verona

Hi, first of all i have say that im really in love with Riing 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan Sync Edition and it looks amazing.

But i got couple questions and got no answers, thats why looking for your help, guys 

1) Controller.

As far as i understand - there are 2 types of controllers. One with Molex and one with SATA connector.

What kind of is inside the box ? If i would like to get with SATA connector - is is possible to chose when i buy or i should to buy it as additional device ?

2) How many cables each fan has ?

According to the manual at official support page - https://www.thermaltake.com/db/support/usermanual/_a2485c9a43f4414b8f482246010b8d37.pdf

Each fan has 2 cables (as far as i understand one for PWM connection and one for RGB connection) But according to all YouTube reviews, ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Gt3SnJU5c&t=67s Each fan has only 1 cable for connection to the controller.

So, how many cables has each fan ?

3) How to connect to the motherboard without controller ?

My mobo is MSI z370 with Mystic Light feature. As far as i understand iss possible to connect fan to mother board header without using controller.

Is it right ? How do that ? Do i need to buy some additional cables ?

Regards

The fans that you reference in the installation PDF are designed to be used by connecting to the PWM and RGB connector on the motherboard.  They don't use a separate controller.  If this is what you've purchased then just follow the installation instructions and you should be set.  

However, I think you may be finding different generations of fans / controllers as you researching this subject.  

This generation Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB LED 120mm High Static Pressure Adjustable Color Case Radiator Fan with Anti-Vibration Mounting uses the older style manual controller and each fan has one cable.  It connects to the PWM connector on the motherboard.  

This generation Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB TT Premium Edition 120mm Software Enabled 12 Controllable LED RGB 9 Blades uses the new style integrated RGB controller and uses a molex connector for power and a usb connector for control.  The controller can support up to 5 TT fans / devices but can also be daisy chained to other controllers.  Each fan has 1 cable.

And then you have the TT Sync Controller TT Premium Edition which can control up to 9 TT fans / devices.  This has a SATA connector for power, a RBG connector for LED control and connects to a PWM connector for control over 3 fans / devices.  Each fan has 1 cable.  

I hope that helps.