Jump to content
wolfmandim

TT Sync Controller

Recommended Posts

I bought this controller for use with my Floe Riing RGB 280 TT Premium Edition and Riing Trio 14 RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (3-Fan Pack).

My motherboard is ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate.

I wonder if I can use the cable which is supplied for ASUS (Aura Addressable Strip Header(s) on my equipment.

Please advise!

Addressable LED Header.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wolfmandim said:

Can this controller be used with all types of Thermaltake case fans?

The Riing Plus and later released fans (pure plus and riing trio) can be used on it. I believe any of their products with the 9 pin USB 2.0 style header work on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Connections will be as follows:

1.   Six 14mm Pure Plus fans

2.   Two 14mm Floe Riing RGB 280 fans

If I understand correctly, all three supplied PWM cables will have to be connected on fan headers of the motherboard?

And the signal cable on the 5V Addressable LED Header of the ASRock motherboard (see picture above).

Any comments are welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately their customer service is atrocious. When I initially had issues I emailed them twice and left two voicemails in a week. Then I came on the forums and posted about my issue and finally was answered by their main forum support ThermalMike. He doesn't seem to be as active on here as he used to be, though.

What do you still have a question on; If the ASUS cable will work with your ASRock board? RGB header cables are most commonly found in two flavors; 12V and 5V. The TT Sync controller is rated for 5V RGB headers. So as long as the cable is for a 5V header and the header on your ASRock board is a 5V one, I can't imagine any issues occuring. Though it would ultimately be up to ASRock to determine this, as you are wanting to use it on their motherboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

Unfortunately their customer service is atrocious. When I initially had issues I emailed them twice and left two voicemails in a week. Then I came on the forums and posted about my issue and finally was answered by their main forum support ThermalMike. He doesn't seem to be as active on here as he used to be, though.

What do you still have a question on; If the ASUS cable will work with your ASRock board? RGB header cables are most commonly found in two flavors; 12V and 5V. The TT Sync controller is rated for 5V RGB headers. So as long as the cable is for a 5V header and the header on your ASRock board is a 5V one, I can't imagine any issues occuring. Though it would ultimately be up to ASRock to determine this, as you are wanting to use it on their motherboard.

I have made all my connections using the Asus cable on Addressable LED header 5v and everything works full RGB fine via Polychrome. The only exception is with the water cooler fans, they spin but they are dark (no lighting function). Tried different ports on TT controller but still no effect.
Again, Thermaltake would not answer my email which highlights the problem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wolfmandim said:

I have made all my connections using the Asus cable on Addressable LED header 5v and everything works full RGB fine via Polychrome. The only exception is with the water cooler fans, they spin but they are dark (no lighting function). Tried different ports on TT controller but still no effect.
Again, Thermaltake would not answer my email which highlights the problem...

Does the lighting work on your water cooler's block/pump that sits over your CPU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried running the fans on the cooler with the 5 port controller that runs with Thermaltake's software? If they won't light up on there either I would then RMA the fans. Which unfortunately means trying to contact support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 11:10 PM, kewlmunky said:

Have you tried running the fans on the cooler with the 5 port controller that runs with Thermaltake's software? If they won't light up on there either I would then RMA the fans. Which unfortunately means trying to contact support.

Unfortunately the fans appear to be the problem.

I will RMA them and replace them with Pure Plus type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, i just got floe riing 280 with TT sync controller. When i connect it to the DRGB controller of my case (Evolv X) there is an issue. Althouth the pump's RGB  sync perfectly at every mode, the fans sync only on static colours. When i have led movement they dont work correctly. I also checked them with the included controled of floe and they work good. The problem i think is only with sync controller. Any ideas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you be more specific about what is incorrect during non-static lighting? If, for example, you set the wave mode with a spinning rainbow are the colors out of alignment with the pump's lights?

A video would be very helpful in showing the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I got two videos. 

On the first system is booted with rainbow like non static lighting. As you can see the top fan isn't lit up at all and buttom fan only participates with some leds only. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PRD5xoaMAope1cd86

 

On the second, i first choose a static colour and then switched back to non static. As you can see it stays on static and partially syncs with the others. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JBd6oC7Adzf8WtcM6

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you trying to control the fans with the remote or through motherboard software? It says that the built in controller is compatible with MSI and Asus RGB software. So in theory I would think it should be fine if you're motherboard is interfacing with that controller. If Phantek's built in settings are in control, then that is probably your issue.

An easy way to check that you didn't receive any bad equipment is to connect it directly to a 5V RGB header on your motherboard and see it functions correctly that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that would be easy if i had one. Unfortunally Asus Hero Viii doesn't have. But, i think the singnal output is in the same protocol or something. I mean if it was that the case, the pump shouldn't work correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's unfortunate that you don't have an RGB header. It makes things more difficult to troubleshoot.

It may be the case that Phantek's controller interprets the ASUS and MSI software signals to protocols that their RGB products will understand. In which case, if that controller is not outputting ASUS or MSI RGB protocols, that could explain the abnormal behavior as the TT Sync controller would not be designed to handle Phantek's protocols. 

You have PWM cables running between the TT Sync controller and the motherboard, correct? Those are what actually drive the fans and pump. Connecting to the TT Sync controller to an RGB header (or in your case the built in Phantek controller) is just for the lights.

You would have to ask Phantek about about this more in depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, i ll try that too. The most fortunate is that the pump works. The 2 riing fans are hidden so not a big issue after all.. I think also that the new pure Argb should work too. So if it bothers me i might try them. Thanks a lot for the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you have the devices plugged into the TT Sync controller? Per this user's thread, they had issues until they put the pump on its owner side of the controller:

 

If this still doesn't solve your issue you could try an RMA, but Thermaltake may just blow it off as incompatible products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 2 fans at one side, and pump on another. I 've tryied all combos that i can think. Fans+pump together, only fans, only 1 fan, trying all the sides. One more clue, is that when i connect the pump at the same side with the fans, the pump's rgb doesnt work either. Also, i don't have an issue with rpm now. Fans and pump are controller as intended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×