Fan Controller - View 37 RGB

JMak00

I am purchasing this case - https://www.thermaltake.com/chassis/mid_tower_/view/c_00003205/view_37_rgb_edition/Design.htm

That page indicates that the case comes with 3x Riing Plus 14 fans.  There is also a controller included.  

I am purchasing 2x Riing Plus 20 fans.  Will the controller that comes with the case connect with the 2x Riing Plus 20 fans that I am purchasing separately?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like the included fans uses the same 9 pin USB 2.0 header as the 5 port controller that comes with their other addressable RGB products. As long as you purchase at least one fan + controller package (200mm fans can be purchased with and without a controller), you should be able to hook up both your 200mm and the included three 140mm Riing Plus RGB fans to the same controller and control them together.

5 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

Looks like the included fans uses the same 9 pin USB 2.0 header as the 5 port controller that comes with their other addressable RGB products. As long as you purchase at least one fan + controller package (200mm fans can be purchased with and without a controller), you should be able to hook up both your 200mm and the included three 140mm Riing Plus RGB fans to the same controller and control them together.

That's what I am expecting, though a guy at pcpartpicker indicated that the fans he bought separately for this case were not compatible (they were riing plus fans) and he ended up having to get the 9 port controller. 

1 hour ago, JMak00 said:

That's what I am expecting, though a guy at pcpartpicker indicated that the fans he bought separately for this case were not compatible (they were riing plus fans) and he ended up having to get the 9 port controller. 

I can't see any reason why they would plug into the 9 port sync controller but not the 5 port controller. Perhaps he bought the 9 port controller because the included 3 button controller allows motherboard software control of lighting but only supports up to 3 addressable devices?

But with how screwy things turned out with the stock fans in the View 37 ARGB you originally wanted, I would definitely confirm with support first if the fans in the View 37 RGB can be used with the 5 port hub included with fans sold separately.

20 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

I can't see any reason why they would plug into the 9 port sync controller but not the 5 port controller. Perhaps he bought the 9 port controller because the included 3 button controller allows motherboard software control of lighting but only supports up to 3 addressable devices?

But with how screwy things turned out with the stock fans in the View 37 ARGB you originally wanted, I would definitely confirm with support first if the fans in the View 37 RGB can be used with the 5 port hub included with fans sold separately.

It appears that the Riing Plus fans are compatible with the controller module that come with the View 37 RGB case. However, what remains to be seen is whether the 3 hub module that comes with the case will daisy chain to the 5 hub module that comes with the 3 packs of riing plus fans.  I've just asked ThermalMike that question via Facebook. 

It really is surprising that TT would have a 3 hub controller just for the case while including a 5 hub controller with the 3 packs of riing plus fans. 

Now I see why the pcpartpicker poster had to buy a 9 hub controller. 

Fingers crossed tbat the 3 hub and 5 hub controllers can be daisy chained. 

11 minutes ago, JMak00 said:

It appears that the Riing Plus fans are compatible with the controller module that come with the View 37 RGB case. However, what remains to be seen is whether the 3 hub module that comes with the case will daisy chain to the 5 hub module that comes with the 3 packs of riing plus fans.  I've just asked ThermalMike that question via Facebook. 

It really is surprising that TT would have a 3 hub controller just for the case while including a 5 hub controller with the 3 packs of riing plus fans. 

Now I see why the pcpartpicker poster had to buy a 9 hub controller. 

Fingers crossed tbat the 3 hub and 5 hub controllers can be daisy chained. 

Being the 9 port TT Sync controller doesn't officially have a way to chain multiple together it would be interesting if the 3 port controller, being motherboard software controlled, would then allow chaining to 5 port hubs and control of all those devices. It may allow the control of more than 9 devices, via motherboard software, without shady workarounds.

I'll be interested in what they have to say.

2 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

Being the 9 port TT Sync controller doesn't officially have a way to chain multiple together it would be interesting if the 3 port controller, being motherboard software controlled, would then allow chaining to 5 port hubs and control of all those devices. It may allow the control of more than 9 devices, via motherboard software, without shady workarounds.

I'll be interested in what they have to say.

ThermalMike says via FB that the modules will connect together, so... time to get on with building this out, although still waiting for my TT riing plus 20s to arrive.