Thermaltake view 71 tg rgbfan trouble

LooseGoose

Hi, I recently bought a thermaltake view 71 tg rgb case and am having some trouble with the fans. It came with a controller that I plugged all three pre installed fans into and then attached the it to the motherboard. Online, I read that mother boards can only give a certain amount of power through fan headers so you plug them into the power supply as well as the mother board. When I tried to attach the controller to the power supply, I couldn't find a wire that fit into the controller. Although I do have a wire with a male molex and a female 5 prong port, it doesn't fit in my fan controller. So my question is, will the mother board be able to supply enough power to the three fans so that they can run at full power. And if not, what is the name of the wire I need to buy to attach the controller to the female molex coming from the power supply.

10 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Hi, I recently bought a thermaltake view 71 tg rgb case and am having some trouble with the fans. It came with a controller that I plugged all three pre installed fans into and then attached the it to the motherboard. Online, I read that mother boards can only give a certain amount of power through fan headers so you plug them into the power supply as well as the mother board. When I tried to attach the controller to the power supply, I couldn't find a wire that fit into the controller. Although I do have a wire with a male molex and a female 5 prong port, it doesn't fit in my fan controller. So my question is, will the mother board be able to supply enough power to the three fans so that they can run at full power. And if not, what is the name of the wire I need to buy to attach the controller to the female molex coming from the power supply.

Hello, 

for View 71 RGB case, the controller does not need to be connected to power supply. just connect it to the M/B. kindly  check the below instruction

image.thumb.png.35303ca1576b9d2eb47f08bc7e5660bb.png

you could find the manual from the URL below

https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_support.aspx?id=C_00003130

hope you enjoy this case, personally, I LOVE it. it's gorgeous!!

• 4 weeks later...

My question is: How does the RGB controller that came with the case sync with the software and the rest of the fans in my case?  There is no communication cable that connects the RGB controller to a USB or other RGB controller.  I hope I am wrong as there is 1 more port on the RGB controller that came with the Z71 RGB but no cable to plug anywhere.  What am I missing?

Thanks!