DO NOT BLAME THERMALTAKE, IT'S WINDOWS!

Klotz777

Hey guys over here at this forum,
before you put any blame on Thermaltake or even Thermalmike as a person when your hardware or software fails... Here are some advice to consider, when starting a Build:
First - all fans and pumps should never be controlled through software under WINDOWS! Does'nt matter which make or manufacturer. As soon as WINDOWS puts your machine to sleep or hibernation, every of these software controls will fail after waking up. WINDOWS always messes with you, if you try to do something creative with third party software. WINDOWS is the plague! RPM should always be controlled through the BIOS of your motherboard. So get yourselves proper hardware. Connect your PWM fans which should be controlled by the same temp sensor to a hub and then to your motherboard, not to any controller!
Second - before asking the same question again and again regarding error messages from the TT RGB Plus software: READ THE F***ING MANUAL!!! What i read in this forum regarding error messages was definitely a connection or better a WRONG connection problem.
And last but not least - you should only control your LIGHTING through software or controllers. I don't know, why manufacturers even offer the possibility controlling RPM!

My Build is running flawlessly for one year now with Thermaltake hardware and software.

Have fun and relax

IMG_0229_original.JPG

As soon as WINDOWS puts your machine to sleep or hibernation, every of these software controls will fail after waking up.

Not true, the controllers work just fine after resuming from sleep, they didnt add support for that in their software so there is no way for it to work.

I don't know, why manufacturers even offer the possibility controlling RPM!

Because it allows you to customize the fans even more? What if you want your front fans to respond to the temperature of the gpu instead of the cpu? What if you want to quickly switch profiles from gaming to quiet. There is a lot you can do when you can fully control everything.

You have separate loop for cpu and gpus, currently if you would render something using 100% of gpu and 0% of cpu your fans would not spin faster and they would reach high temperatures. Similarly if you are using 100% cpu and 0% gpu you have 8 fans that are making noise unnecessarily.

I would rather suggest adding one pwm input like in the sync controller that would act as a fallback that would control the fans if there is no software controlling it present.

And yes, the software is ####. Its not windows.

Hey Teszty66, in fact what you are saying is true... What i was referring to is, the physical connection of the RPM part of the fans should always be to the motherboard. They can still be controlled through software or assigned to different temp sources/sensors (at least with ASUS). But if your software fails (and under WINDOWS it will sooner or later), you still have your BIOS settings as a backup.
Do we have a WINDOWS fan here?

Greetz

6 hours ago, Klotz777 said:

What i was referring to is, the physical connection of the RPM part of the fans should always be to the motherboard. They can still be controlled through software or assigned to different temp sources/sensors (at least with ASUS).

That means asus has built in the controller into their motherboards, pretty cool. 99% of motherboards have a simple pwm controller that just reads cpu temperature and thats it. So having a separate box like thermaltake does means you can support more systems and dont have to worry about compatibility.

But if your software fails (and under WINDOWS it will sooner or later)

Dont know about their official software but I wrote my own and it never failed once.

You kinda confirmed that their software is bad, because windows does not cause the software to fail on its own.

Do we have a WINDOWS fan here? 

Not a fan of any os, each has their place.