Controller not recognized by mobo

jeffro29

Hi all!

I have the TT pure plus 12 and got it all connected last night. I fired up my PC and to my dismay, there was no RGB. At all. The fans spun correctly but there was 0 lighting. So I went ahead and put my pc back together and thought I would just download the software...maybe the controller needed it before it lit up. NOPE. Now the software is telling me that the controller is not recognized. So still, no lights. This isn't my first pair of pure plus 12 as I installed some over the summer in my sons case. I know they're hooked up correctly.

One thing I have seen is that Ryzen chips don't play nice with this particular set of fans. Not sure if thats causing it or not. Below are my specs:
Asrock 470x/sli master - flashed recently to support chip I have

Ryzen 5 3600x

Gigabyte OC 5700xt

TForce 16GB RAM.

I can't imagine anything is wrong with the controller it self as the fans do power on. But thats about as far as they get. I've plugged them into every 9 pin usb connector on my mother board and I get nothing. I know the other USB plugs work as they are attached to the USB ports on the front of my computer. I suppose the controller COULD potentially be bad for the RGB aspect of the fans, but it seems unlikely. I've had these fans since the summer and have tested them out on my sons build when setting his up. It worked fine and they went back in the box until last night when I decided to finally hook them up. Anyone have any advice?

tt_sortware.PNG