Hi, I have C250 Case with RGB controller issue

Matthew HG

Hi all, I have the new TT V250 ARGB case. Love it, but the controller issue is confusing. The included fans are plugged into the controller.

The built in SATA power plug is plugged in properly, but that is where I cant go further.

I cant find the wire that is supposed to connect the RGB button to the controller. Is it integrated into another plug that goes into the motherboard? I didnt notice any cable that said RGB or anything 2 pin eiither aside from the usual stuff, unless the reset switch is the one I am supposed to plug into the controller instead of into the motherboard? Unfortunately the user manual I found online does not tell me this. Since I think the case doesnt have an actual reset button, I am guessing this is the answer but dont want to mess around with what I am not sure about.

But there is another issue. I was given 2 wires to help plug the controller into the motherboard. Not  Completely necessary, but even so, one of your wires is said to be for MSI. My MSI B450 Tomohawk Max board does have an RGB pin port setup, but it is a 4 pin, and your cord has only 2 pin opening, 1 space that doesnt allow a pin and then another pin opening.

I have no pin slots that I can find that will fit this connector :(

ok, I get the first issue now. It does say reset SW on the controller but I didnt connect the dots.
So that is fixed. Now my only issue is the second issue :(

I feel like I got a bad cord or something because it should be a 4 pin connector to connect the controller to the motherboard.

IMG_20200407_230437.jpg

3 hours ago, Matthew HG said:

Hi all, I have the new TT V250 ARGB case. Love it, but the controller issue is confusing. The included fans are plugged into the controller.

The built in SATA power plug is plugged in properly, but that is where I cant go further.

I cant find the wire that is supposed to connect the RGB button to the controller. Is it integrated into another plug that goes into the motherboard? I didnt notice any cable that said RGB or anything 2 pin eiither aside from the usual stuff, unless the reset switch is the one I am supposed to plug into the controller instead of into the motherboard? Unfortunately the user manual I found online does not tell me this. Since I think the case doesnt have an actual reset button, I am guessing this is the answer but dont want to mess around with what I am not sure about.

But there is another issue. I was given 2 wires to help plug the controller into the motherboard. Not  Completely necessary, but even so, one of your wires is said to be for MSI. My MSI B450 Tomohawk Max board does have an RGB pin port setup, but it is a 4 pin, and your cord has only 2 pin opening, 1 space that doesnt allow a pin and then another pin opening.

I have no pin slots that I can find that will fit this connector :(

Hello

thanks for choosing V250 ARGB. that is a great budget case for ARGB lighting fans.

and for the RGB button, it should be connected when you bought it. kindly check the image below.

image.png.6ebf0d2221f912f66888dd284d24c0fd.png

the header with RED circle is for the RGB button. all you have to do is to connect the RGB button cable to this header. do not need to connect to M/B.

unless you do not want to control the lighting via RGB button, if so, you could connect the cable to the M/B and make it to the reset button.

and for the MSI B450 Tomahawk, this M/B does not support 5V ARGB device.  there are only 2 12V RGB header. 

you cannot  connect 5V cable to 12V header. the Voltage isn't right.

so seems like you can only control the lighting effect via the RGB button. 

James

Yeah, you are correct. I wonder why MBs dont all support both 5v and 12v, or all controllers be 12v :P

But it is ok. I have no problem with the current set up. But I was just noticing that I cant see fan speeds in the BIOS since they are not connected to the MB. Also not the biggest issue as it is only a low hum anyway and is more of a curiosity.

Thanks for the explanation. It is something to think about next time, to match things together. I wont be going budget next time so I will have more options.
I love TT take on case design so far.

I just wonder why in 2020, USB-C is still seen as only a high level option and rare when that is the future of USB, even for USB4 and it has been for years now 😕

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi I have the same case and I cant find the reset switch or whatever its called (the one which was marked in red in previous response). My fans are always on rainbow mode and when I press the R button on the case, the computer restarts. What can I do?