Core P8 Measurements

ausyenlowang

ok so, im looking to buy a core P8.  there is a measurement i need, iv got some assumptions made as to it but i really would like a confirmation if possible before i pull the trigger..

i need to know how long the PSU slot is on this beasty.

i know TT says 200mm max length, BUT according to all the images a 225 should fit.

going off the attached picture, the orange lines are in line where the ATX motherboard screws go.  the total board width of ATX is 244mm, so if we were to shave even some off that as the boards overhang a little..... (actually just measured and got 230mm between screw holes)

kinda hoping someone has one of these cases at home they can put a tape measure in to measure from the bracket for PSU at maximum length position to the edge of the grommet. (the blue line marked)

Thanks in advance peeps

core_p8_2.jpg

5 hours ago, ausyenlowang said:

ok so, im looking to buy a core P8.  there is a measurement i need, iv got some assumptions made as to it but i really would like a confirmation if possible before i pull the trigger..

i need to know how long the PSU slot is on this beasty.

i know TT says 200mm max length, BUT according to all the images a 225 should fit.

going off the attached picture, the orange lines are in line where the ATX motherboard screws go.  the total board width of ATX is 244mm, so if we were to shave even some off that as the boards overhang a little..... (actually just measured and got 230mm between screw holes)

kinda hoping someone has one of these cases at home they can put a tape measure in to measure from the bracket for PSU at maximum length position to the edge of the grommet. (the blue line marked)

Thanks in advance peeps

core_p8_2.jpg

Hello 

thanks for loving Core P8. this could be the dream case for people who love to build the DIY liquid cooling system.

and yes, 225mm PSU could fit in that place but it might be a bit tricky to install it. 

do you have the exact model of that 225mm PSU you would like to install in your Core P8 built? 

we suggest that 200mm PSU is the ideal size and can be installed without any difficultiy.

and for the riser cable, we have our basic Gaming PCI-E Riser cable included in this model. kindly check the link below

https://www.thermaltake.com/gaming-pci-e-3-0-x16-riser-cable.html

if you are looking for better Riser Cable for your built, I would recommend you the TT Premium PCI-E 3.0 Extender

https://www.thermaltake.com/tt-premium-pci-e-3-0-extender-300mm.html

let me know if there is any further question about Core P8

thank you

James

6 hours ago, TT James said:

Hello 

thanks for loving Core P8. this could be the dream case for people who love to build the DIY liquid cooling system.

and yes, 225mm PSU could fit in that place but it might be a bit tricky to install it. 

do you have the exact model of that 225mm PSU you would like to install in your Core P8 built? 

we suggest that 200mm PSU is the ideal size and can be installed without any difficultiy.

and for the riser cable, we have our basic Gaming PCI-E Riser cable included in this model. kindly check the link below

https://www.thermaltake.com/gaming-pci-e-3-0-x16-riser-cable.html

if you are looking for better Riser Cable for your built, I would recommend you the TT Premium PCI-E 3.0 Extender

https://www.thermaltake.com/tt-premium-pci-e-3-0-extender-300mm.html

let me know if there is any further question about Core P8

thank you

James

Hey James,

I have an RMA in with corsair that as far as i know they are replacing my unit with an AX 1500i, though i might try and see if i can make a deal for an AX1600i.

also thanks for the info RE the riser cable, my only other question is, there is no word on fans supplied so i will presume there is none?

another measurement question,

whats the measurement from the backplate (where a rad would be mounted) and the glass?

Can fans be fitted in the rear part of the case on the other side of the radiator?

atm im looking at a 60mm (thick) x 480mm rad, + fan (25mm) + pump res combo (102mm) total thickness is 187mm. 

the case specs say 180mm thick CPU cooler at most. but thats not the actual space from back of MB to cooler top so is there 7mm of give lol...

thanks anyone and everyone who has input here greatly appreciated :D

• 2 years later...

Core P8 Measurements are essential for ensuring the quality and precision of door restoration services. These measurements encompass the critical dimensions and specifications necessary to assess and refurbish doors effectively. By adhering to Core P8 Measurements, professionals in the door restoration services industry can guarantee that doors are repaired and restored to their optimal functionality and aesthetics, providing customers with long-lasting satisfaction.