RGB fan speed cannot be controlled by softwarew or motherboard.

Rusty Reeves

I just received a Cyberpower built PC that has the Water 3.0 360 ARGB Sync  preinstalled. I cannot control the fans from either the motherboard bios or the TT TGB plus software (error message: cannot detect controller). Either would be Ok. Cyberpower used the small TT controller that is inside the case but they did not use the VDG cable. I do have the VDG cable but do not know what to do with it. My biggest issue is being able to slow down the fan speed. If I can control the RGB without opening the case, that would be great too.  My X570 Aurous Master motherboard does not see the fans as it is.  Currently, one cord from the pump is plugged into the"CPU_Fan" header on the motherboard. The other cord runs out to the installed TT controller and daisy chain of plugs. Can anyone tell me how to make the fans respond to either the TT software or the motherboard? Maybe insert the VDG cable into the equation somewhere? Where would it plug into the motherboard?

Thanks,

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...