AxelBerger

I do have the problem that the RGB Controller that runs 3 Toughfan 12 RGB and a DP100-D5 Distroplate looses connection to the RGB Plus Software.

So when I turn on the computer the MX2 Waterblock, R2 Monitor and 4x Toughram DDR5 start using the color profile that I defined while the toughfans and the Distroplate go on in RGB waves as they do when I turn on the computer. 

I have changed the USB slots of the motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix Z790E) as well as the USB-C connector of the cables to see if it is an USB issue. 

My questions are:

- can I preset the components controlled by the motherboard (MX2, R2, 4x Toughram DDR5) and the ones controlled by the RGB controller (3x Toughfan 12 RGB, DP100-D5 Distroplate) so that the RGB is shut off when I start the computer and then only start coloring when RGB Plus Software kicks in?

- how can I make sure that the RGB Controller does not loose connection to the RGB Plus software once in a while?

- how can I make sure that the MX2 and R2 are shut off when the computer has shut down? Currently they are still showing liquid temperature even though the other RGB components are down?

- is there a better way to synch the motherboard controlled and rgb controller controlled items?

Thanks for you help

F6A90CB9-7C9E-43C3-9C0F-6364CBE74C53.jpeg

Dear AxelBerger, 

I would like to know which RGB Controller is running the three TOUGHFAN 12 RGB and a DP100-D5 Distroplate? If it's the controller that comes with TOUGHFAN 12 RGB, it shall be working fine without loosening. 

Please refer to the following response:

1. can I preset the components controlled by the motherboard (MX2, R2, 4x Toughram DDR5) and the ones controlled by the RGB controller (3x Toughfan 12 RGB, DP100-D5 Distroplate) so that the RGB is shut off when I start the computer and then only start coloring when RGB Plus Software kicks in?

- Currently, we do not have solutions regarding this issue. However, we're working on a similar function that allow users to select whether the RGB and LCD products should be turned off or remained on when TT RGB PLUS software is shut off. Will let you know when this function is available in the software. 

2. how can I make sure that the RGB Controller does not loose connection to the RGB Plus software once in a while?

- Our latest 4th generation software controller that comes with TOUGHFAN 12 RGB does not lose connection with TT RGB PLUS software very often. If the problem keep occurs, please contact our customer service for RGB controller RMA. https://support.thermaltake.com/RMA_Agreement.aspx  

3. how can I make sure that the MX2 and R2 are shut off when the computer has shut down? Currently they are still showing liquid temperature even though the other RGB components are down?

- Our MX2 and R2 LCD screens are powered up by motherboard USB headers with 5V power input, therefore if the motherboard keeps delivering power to these device, it will keep showing the default displays. We are currently working on the solution, will let you know once the function is ready.

4. is there a better way to synch the motherboard controlled and rgb controller controlled items?

- The 9pin connector cable of motherboard controlled and RGB controller controlled items is different, therefore there're not able to be controlled together.