ToughPower GF A3 1050W - Motherboard won't power up

I replaced my old PS with this one, thinking the PS had failed.  But still would not power on.  So, I think the MB is bad, replaced.. no power.  Replaced CPU,  no power.  Replaced GPU, no power.

So, now I have a new PS, new MB, new CPU, new GPU...

When I turn on the PS, the red power button on the MB comes on.  However, when I press that button, or the one on the case, I hear a click, nothing happens.  The MB does not power on.  I took everything out, and re-did all the connections and mounts... Same problem.   Only the power button on the MB is lit and the led on the overclock dial.  None of the MB POST led or other led on the MB are lit.  I also tried another outlet on a different circuit - just in case there was a grounding issue or something on the neutral, which I doubted but needed to check

I am stumped at this point...

HI 

Could you kindly give us your setting information and your setting Pic.? 

I notice that you didn't mention Ram. Maybe you could check your DDR

The situation seems like your Ram didn't work

If you still can't turn on your PC, please offer us more information.

Thanks

I am using an MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.  It has LED for RAM, CPU failure, and others... But nothing it lighting up there... I have moved ram around.  Tried single, different slots.  I was very careful putting in the new CPU and attaching the water cooler to it.  Pins all looked good on the MB.  This is a Threadripper 1950x CPU.

I also tried disconnecting wires for reset, power, and HDLED - just in case there was a short there.   The MB has built in reset and power buttons too.  But nothing.  Removing the MB from the chassis made no difference.

• 5 months later...
On 6/15/2023 at 8:00 PM, Netzarim said:

I replaced my old PS with this one, thinking the PS had failed.  But still would not power on.  So, I think the MB is bad, replaced.. no power.  Replaced CPU,  no power.  Replaced GPU, no power.

So, now I have a new PS, new MB, new CPU, new GPU...

When I turn on the PS, the red power button on the MB comes on.  However, when I press that button, or the one on the case, I hear a click, nothing happens.  The MB does not power on.  I took everything out, and re-did all the connections and mounts... Same problem.   Only the power button on the MB is lit and the led on the overclock dial.  None of the MB POST led or other led on the MB are lit.  I also tried another outlet on a different circuit - just in case there was a grounding issue or something ricepuritytestt on the neutral, which I doubted but needed to check.

I am stumped at this point...

When troubleshooting a situation where you have replaced the power supply, motherboard, CPU, and GPU, and still the system won't power on, it can indeed be a perplexing issue. Let's try to troubleshoot step by step:

Double-Check Connections:

Ensure that all power connections from the power supply to the motherboard are properly seated.

Check that the CPU power connector and the main 24-pin motherboard power connector are securely connected.

RAM Modules:

Make sure your RAM modules are seated correctly. Try booting with a single RAM module, and if you have multiple, try different slots.

CPU Cooler and Thermal Paste:

Ensure that your CPU cooler is properly installed and that there's adequate thermal paste. Overheating can sometimes prevent a system from booting.

Clear CMOS:

Reset the CMOS by either using the jumper on the motherboard or by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes. This can clear any potential configuration issues.

External Factors:

Disconnect all non-essential peripherals, including keyboard, mouse, external drives, etc., and try booting with just the essentials (CPU, RAM, GPU).

Check for Shorts:

Inspect the motherboard for any loose screws or metal fragments that might be causing a short. Ensure that the motherboard is not making direct contact with the case in a way that it shouldn't.

Power Button Issues:

Test the power button on the case by shorting the power pins manually with a screwdriver. Sometimes, the power button itself can be faulty.

Test Outside the Case:

Consider doing a minimal build outside the case. Set up the motherboard with the essentials (CPU, RAM, GPU) on a non-conductive surface.

Test Components Individually:

If possible, test each component (CPU, RAM, GPU) individually in a known working system to ensure they are not faulty.

BIOS/UEFI Update:

Check if there is a BIOS/UEFI update available for your motherboard. Sometimes, new CPUs may require a BIOS update for compatibility.

Faulty Power Button:

The power button itself may be faulty. If possible, try using a different power button or shorting the power pins directly on the motherboard.

If, after going through these steps, the issue persists, it may be worth consulting with the motherboard or system manufacturer's support. They might provide additional guidance or request the system to be inspected by a professional technician. Sometimes, even new components can be faulty, so ruling out individual component issues is crucial in the troubleshooting process.