What do you look for when buying a new chassis?

Tt Andy

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for when buying a new chassis?

• I like to go to the extreme so water cooling expandability and radiator mounting solutions are very important for me
    • I love to download ! So being able to house a lot of hard drives is important to me
    • Expansion slots! I like to run more than one GPU so this is quite important for me
    • Air flow!, i don't use water cooling so a airflow optimized chassis is very important to me
    • I think all of the above is important
    • I don't care! a case is a case

• 3 weeks later...

Clean smooth lines.

Lots of viewing areas to show off my work.

The ability to hide wires, PSUs, and other items I don't want to show.

Radiator/Fan support with many different size options.

usb3 support. (or what ever high tech options are out)

Metal when ever possible, plastic that doesn't look too textured.

Removable cages and panels.

Tinted/colored window options.

Dust Filters.

Noise reduction options. (anti vibration fans and anti-noise foam on panels.)

Product Support.

When i look for a new case, i would say the first thing that comes into my mind would be exterior look. I like my cases to be simple but stylish!

Second would be how protected it is from dust.  Where i'm from the dust is quite crazy, and without any kind of dust protection the radiators and fans can get clogged up within a week or so.

When i look for a new case, i would say the first thing that comes into my mind would be exterior look. I like my cases to be simple but stylish!

Second would be how protected it is from dust.  Where i'm from the dust is quite crazy, and without any kind of dust protection the radiators and fans can get clogged up within a week or so.

I'm with you on this one. The look of the PC is first, expand-ability and user friendliness second, but a strong third for me is filtration. Gotta keep the dust out and like dO_ob said, "fans can get clogged up within a week or so."

• 1 month later...