mindPreBlown

TT RGB Plus software not working after sleep TEMPORARY FIX

Sideshow Pat- I tried your fix and when i have my LEDs set to TEMP, it would flicker when changing colors.  BTW, I think I just fixed it.  When you say, check the Run TT when windows starts, is the box supposed to be a empty square or a filled out square?  I had it filled in.

When I removed the filled in square and quit the program, I went to sleep and woke up the computer.  When it woke, it would still check to see if program was running, and of course it wasn't.  So it activated the TT RGB Plus.  Now the lights don't flicker.

When I started my computer before when the box blackened out, I used to get the TT Plus window opening.  Now with it unblackened, when I start up, I don't get the TT Plus window opening where I have to close it.  I think your program checks when computer starts up and runs the software if it's not running.  

I think the issue was for some reason, my computer was running the TT Plus two times.  I checked task manager and it only saw one when I had the flickering issue.  Only by unchecking the run at startup, is it working properly now.

Ok I stand corrected.  After waking from sleep, it started doing the flicker.  I exited the TT Plus, and ran a program.  The flickering stopped.  So now I'm wondering if I did something that is causing the tt plus not to exit and re-run after sleep

@starstreak: I wish I could help you.  I didn't have any issues at all with flickering.  I have TT RGB plus set to start with Windows (box filled in), and my scheduled task runs a taskkill executable against the TT RGB Plus program.  I didn't set it to run a check at all, just attack the process and if it's there in the way, it dies.  Then the starting of the program happens as a new action, so in your case with TT Plus off, it was trying to kill the task and hitting nothing, then starting the program.

A possible work around to the work around might be to schedule a second task that does the same thing... or maybe there is an issue with it not stopping the existing running task before running itself again?  This part:

"Settings Tab: Change the "If the task is already running, then the following rule applies:" drop-down to "Stop the existing instance".  Then click OK."  So many quotation marks...

I'm still having this issue in April 2019. Didn't realise this thread existed but I basically did the same thing with a .bat file.

Create a new text file somewhere on your filesystem copying in the code below and give it a .bat extension when saving.

taskkill /F /im "TT RGB Plus.exe"
CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tt\TT RGB Plus"
Start "" "TT RGB Plus.exe"
Exit 0

Then go to task scheduler (type it into your start menu), Create Task > Tick run with highest priviledges > Select the Triggers Tab > New > Select 'On an Event' from the drop down menu > Select the Custom radio button > New Event Filter button > Select By Source radio button > In the Event Source drop down find Power-Troubleshooter > Type 1 where it says <All Event ID> > OK all that, go to Actions tab > New > Change Action to 'Start a Program' > Type in the path and filename for the .bat file > Save and test.

It's bad enough that the fans forget their settings whilst the pc reboots / loads from sleep but having them crash when re-entering windows is really poor and so easily fixed. I also don't understand why we can only have 5 profiles? I have two controllers with some fans in pull configuration so a profile setup on 1 doesn't work for the other controller so essentially I've only got 2.5 profiles. I don't get it, the fans forget evreything anyway so why can't we store more profiles on our hard disks?