TT Riing software - CPU usage

Crop_Dust3r

Recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu and RAM and went with the Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO system to cool the CPU.

Link here

Whilst I find the pump quiet, the radiator sufficient the led's pretty and the fans adequate, I'm not happy with the software - specifically, the load it puts on the CPU.

Here's the thing... In order to control the speed of the fans, PWM settings and RGB output, the software MUST be running. Not that much of an issue one might say. Well, here's the thing. I noticed that my CPU is never at idle. 95% of the time it's running at maximum frequency (5ghz oc). 

I dug around in task manager for a while and found that the software controlling my fans is constantly using between 10-15% of my CPU. If I close the software my CPU usage returns to idle and everything hums along nicely. Sadly though in doing this it reverts the fans to a default setting. ie; all the RGB leds turn on in a horrible rainbow lighting effect and there is nothing I can do about it.

Worse still is that any PWM fan settings I predefined are no longer active. I can't even manually set my fans to a higher RPM without that ####software running in the background hogging my CPU usage.

So basically if I have the software running, my CPU usage suffers and if I close the software my CPU gets too hot because the fans will not adjust (and I have to put up with the colourfull lights)

20 hours ago, View71 said:

No such problems here... I am on a Ryzen system btw.. only thing it takes 61MB ram which is quite chunky footprint but otherwise all fine.

There were a few high CPU usage threads here but I dint follow those..

Floe360.thumb.jpg.7d4d33f168dab832a7743a886f319294.jpg

Thanks for the reply mate. 

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. If not, I'll be discarding everything and going with another product.

I've attached a screen shot.

If anyone has any input here it'd be a great help, thanks.

Capture.PNG