Many differnt questions. I think the best think is you are familiarize with watercooling, than you would see that many question could be answered yourself.

For example I have two radiators (45mm thick), a waterpump and one reservoir in my core x2 for cooling the cpu and gpu. The system in my configuration is still quiet.

Soo,, I may just be going a bit mad with the cooling option then from what it sounds like. Though I do want to cool the cpu, gpus, motherboard (i have found an adapter) and memory.. I figured 2 rads would be able to handle all of that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

My X9 Snow Edition Build so far

Thermaltake X9 Snow Edition

Thermaltake Riing 120mm RGB Fan with Controller x 12

ASUS GTX 970 Turbo

RGB LED Strip Lighting (Front Panel)

White LED Strip Lighting (Under Motherboard)

To Come (within the next 2 months)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

Thermaltake Riing 140mm RGB Fan with Controller

Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1250W Titanium PSU

ASUS Z170-AR Motherboard

ASUS GTX 970 Turbo (Running in SLI)

Intel Core i7 6700K

Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX4M4A2666C15 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4

post-100018-0-41160800-1456314393_thumb.jpg

post-100018-0-45194500-1456314398_thumb.jpg

post-100018-0-93551100-1456314404_thumb.jpg

post-100018-0-03694700-1456314411_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Blak

• 1 month later...

Hi all 

My view on x2 

Almost perfect ... 

Rad support is great, not superb but great . I would like to have option to buy another 360 bracket for lower chamber, because i want to put down another rad instead of 3 brackets for SSD's ... I mean, you really expect to have somebody to stack 3-4 SSD's in a case ? I doubt it.... I think most of people will be satisfied with 1 SSD and 1 HDD, and place above PSU is perfect. So the right side will be mostly unused, except if i could buy bracket and put 360 on 1 side and 240 on other, plus 240 in front ( i need the top 5:25 ) 

My idea is to have make custom side panels and top one out of acrylic and show the WC , and rads etc will be down ...

So, do you plan to put the bracket in sale or i must make one by myself ????

Just curious, would the Core X2 hold an ATX motherboard? I love the cube shape, but I don't want anything too big, so the motherboard I'm getting is the Sabertooth 990FX keyboard, and looking to use watercooling for the AMD 8370 processor, and either the 980ti or Titan X for the video card. Which out of the 2 would be good; the Core X2 or Core X5?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So far so dont it seem like any of the places you can preorder the X9, carries extra panels, meaning it might take a while before we can swap them out.

Also, it seem that the design team didnt fully account for extreme builds. In 1 case so can you use 3 of 6 480mm rad mounting points, if you stack 2 so can you use 5 of 12 480mm rad mounting points. Its the psu that is the most limitling factor, as its only 2 places you can put it and each blocks 2 480mm rad mounting points.

I was thinking about this as well as my only rad now is on the bottom. I plan to add a second and I could put it on top but I prefer the look of them on the bottom with the RIING fans showing in push configuration. One option would be to add an extension to the motherboard tray toward whatever side you consider the back. The rails are plenty sturdy for this and it would give the case a proper "basement" area while adding a place to mount SSDs or Side mounted Reservoirs.

I have a question for the more adventurous people. Has anyone considered cutting out the PCI mounts and turning them so that you can put the GPUs on riser cables?  Give them more visibility as well. I have the window on the opposite side so that the CPU area is visible. I like to show off my board and block there, but then you only see the back of the GPU.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello ,

first , excuse me for my bad langae , i'm french ;)

I see nice pictures , thanks :) .

i buy  few months , a Core X5 Black . It's big  :D .

But i like this build choice for motherboard It's a great idea .

The bad things is the screws . Because of that ,assembly is difficult .

This point must be better in the future .

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for additional fan brackets for the Core X9 as well as a second power supply separator. All I'm seeing on the store is extra side panels (I'll likely get a second mesh panel). Are these still sold or am I late to the party and the series is no longer supported?

Also, is it possible to get the front USB 3 ports working with a motherboard that only has 1 header? I bought a splitter but only 1 of the USB sockets works.

• 1 month later...

Hello there, sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, first post here, but i've recently migrated my system to a core x31, and it is absolutely awesome. i'm getting some 200mm fans in soon, but i was wondering whether there are mounting holes for 180mm fans too. aren't they the same spacing as the 200mm ones? it's just that they're not mentioned on the product page anywhere, and there's a weird fan mounting slit that i cannot figure out why it's there (the one second to furthest out).

currently my system is fully air cooled, but if i'm going watercooled at some point i'd really like to maximise the radiator space, so a 2x180mm rad in the front would definitely give me the most surface area per fan spot there. if i could chuck a second one in the top i think that would be pretty much the maximum cooling achieveable in this case, and strangely 2x180mm rads are really cheap where i live. might have to fit the fans for the top one one on the outside, but that wouldn't really bother me too much since they'd be exhaust anyways.

thanks for any replies

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if i should be posting this in here or making a separate thread, but I want to use the Core x9 in my next build, however, it seems that the case is nearing the end of it's life and it's hard to find spare parts, extra panels, ect. Not to mention the case hasn't seen a decent sale in like 2 years. Does anyone from TT know if theres going to be anything new coming around like a x9 refresh? (similar to the x5 tempered glass model)

I want room for 2 60mm thick 480mm rads and two horizontal mounted motherboards. (one for my pc, the other a NAS, within the same case and watercooled loop.)

• 6 months later...

Hi there, I was about to buy X9 but I've just noticed that it supports only E-ATX mobos and not XL-ATX. I have MSI Big Bang XPower II, its a xl-atx board, dimensions 34.5cm(L) x 26.4cm(W) and visually maybe could it fit but can't really be sure. Is maybe someone able to confirm if XL is a no go in this chasey?

14 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Hi there, I was about to buy X9 but I've just noticed that it supports only E-ATX mobos and not XL-ATX. I have MSI Big Bang XPower II, its a xl-atx board, dimensions 34.5cm(L) x 26.4cm(W) and visually maybe could it fit but can't really be sure. Is maybe someone able to confirm if XL is a no go in this chasey?

The case is not wide enough for an XL-atx, or at least it doesn't have screw holes for that motherboard. you *MIGHT* be able to fit it if you do some modding, but it would be tight. Heres a really good full review and deconstruction of the case: https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Thermaltake-Core-X9-E-ATX-Cube-Chassis-Review

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I have a Core X5 that I'm building in and for the life of me I cant seem to find the fan mounts on the bottom of the case. I need to mount 2 Thermaltake Pacific DIY PR15-D5 pumps on the floor of the case on either side of the 5.25" bays. Any help is appreciated.

• 1 month later...